Interested In A Blog For Seniors?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by John Donovan, Jan 14, 2016.

1. John Donovan

John Donovan Active Member
    Registered

Hello! Many of you may not remember me, but I used to post on this forum a lot last summer, until my wife got sick and I had to take care of her. Now that she is better, my great nephew and I have decided to create a blog directed especially towards seniors. He's the manager and the writer of the blog, and I provide him with my experiences and ideas for blogs. My wife also provides medical tips.

If you are interested in my blog, please check it out at http://topseniorlife.com/

Although we just started, we have quite a few articles out, and we post one article daily. Our latest article is about using the Internet for socializing, and we have even mentioned this forum in it!

Other articles include subjects such as whether or not seniors should be allowed to drive, or health subjects, such as essentials for healthy bones and joints.

I would love to hear feedback and also hear what other articles you'd like us to write! If you enjoy our blog, please like us on our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and help us grow by spreading the word! Thanks for reading this. :)

2. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi John, of course I can remember you and I'm glad to hearing your wife is doing better now.

I'm just opening your blog, which sounds like a nice idea. Let me browse and read your articles before letting you know my thoughts on it, but sounds interesting at first glance.

Improving seniors' lives is something that most online sites often forget, so certainly will be much appreciated you, your wife and great nephew contribute with it :)

John Donovan likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think it is a good idea to have that blog. For new seniors like me (I'm actually not a senior yet in our country) it is like seeing what things to come in the near future. However, I hate to read about illnesses. That is one thing I always tell to my former colleagues when we have a reunion. And since they are older than me, some are in their 80s already, their favorite topic is ailment. It seems like they enjoy discussing stroke, heart attack, colon cancer, and some other ailments. What I want to hear are the positive aspect of growing old like the senior discounts being enjoyed by my husband, gee, that 20% discount on restaurants is big deal.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Active Member
    Registered

One article on your blog that gets my attention is about seniors and whether they be allowed to drive. My husband, a senior citizen also like me, wants his licensed renewed which i disagreed. He still rides his motorcycle daily that makes me so anxious every time he is out on the road.