Instant Pot Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Beth Gallagher, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I love my Instant Pot and use it quite often. I'm always on the lookout for easy, tasty recipes to make in the IP. I discovered this Youtube channel for the Blue Jean Chef; many of the recipes can be made using the IP or on the stovetop if you're not a pressure cooking type. BLUE JEAN CHEF RECIPES

We particularly like the Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Artichokes, the Chicken Florentine Pasta, and the Instant Mac and Beef. (Hmmm, I seem to have a pasta thing going on. :D) This evening I'm making the Split Pea Soup with Ham.

If you have favorite Instant Pot (or pressure cooker) recipes, please add them.

2. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have an instant pot, but I was looking at corned beef recipes and found this:

Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

3-4 lb. corned beef brisket with spice pack
    1 small head of cabbage cut into 6 pieces
    1 small onion
    6 cloves of garlic
    3-4 large carrots
    6 medium sized red potatoes
    4 cups of beef broth
    Instant Pot or other pressure cooker

Place steamer basket in Instant Pot. Add 4 cups of beef broth to the IP along with the onion and garlic. Mix in spices or spice pack. Place the corned beef brisket on steamer basket. Place the lid on your IP and lock the lid. Set to cook manually for 90 minutes. Once the pressure cooker is finished cooking, let it release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the rest of the steam. Remove the lid away from your body, allowing any left over steam to escape. Remove the corned beef brisket and set aside.

To cook the vegetables, add them to the steamer basket. Cook on the Soup setting for 10 minutes. Once the vegetables have cooked, slice the corned beef and serve them all together.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Very timely, Emma. Thanks for posting the corned beef recipe.

[​IMG]

Emma Smith likes this.
  4. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

You're welcome. :)

Roast beef, corned beef - I always like the sandwiches the next day most of all.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oops not the Pot recipes, I thought about:p

Tim Burr and Lulu Moppet like this.