Inconsiderate Person Starting To Irritate Me

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Chrissy Cross, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_0143.JPG I know the street is public property but parking in front of my driveway isn't allowed. This person always is a little bit in my driveway area. This space in front of my lawn is where I take my garbage to the curb and I can't while he's there.
    I can barely see pulling out of my garage if any cars are coming. I'm usually very tolerant and things like this don't bother me but he is starting to get on my nerves. I'm not even sure who's truck that is...it's not any of my neighbors on my side of the street.
    Don't want to say anything because I leave my house unoccupied for weeks at a time.

What should I do? I could park there myself but I always park in my garage and I'm not changing that.

Just took this pic now....

2. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

If there are no signs saying parking is prohibited on that side of the street, etc. then probably nothing legal.
    Maybe a good time to bring out the serenity prayer.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I get that a lot, but that's because the guy across the road is an auctioneer who often sells off the stuff that doesn't go at auction at a yard sale. People stopping to browse his auction often park on our side of the street, and some have even parked directly blocking our driveway. Usually, it's only for a few minutes, and the auctioneer is a friend so, while it's sometimes an irritation (like when I literally cannot get out of my own driveway), I put up with it. I do wonder how people come to think that this is acceptable, though.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This person has been parking here every day for at least the past month. We all have 3 car garages and enough space in front of our homes to park at least 2-3. cars.

How many cars does he have that he's in front of my house? I don't even mind in front of my house but he's extending into my driveway...grrr.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe its the picture but I dont see a big issue. Perhaps leave note on truck...would you mind terribly if I request you to pull up just a wee bit.. Thank you

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's the only place my garbage cans can be placed for one thing, unless I block myself in an put them in front of my driveway...that's only once a week though.

He can't move up anymore because my next door neighbor has his pick up truck parked in front of my house also but at least it's not by my driveway.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I would definitely be upset if someone were parking right smack in front of my house/yard, too, @Chrissy Cross ! It might be a public street ; but if a person is not going to park in their garage, they should at least park in front of their own house, and not in front of yours.
    And that trailer hitch is sticking out clear into your driveway so that if you are not being very careful when you back out, you migh scrape your nice car on it.
    If you do not see who parks there so that you can go and talk with him, then leave a note under the windshield wiper and ask him to please not park so close to your driveway. Hopefully, he/she. Has just not realized that they are interfering with your parking space and garbage can area.
    If the truck gone in the daytime ? If you know when it is gone, then on garbage night, put your garbage can out there so he can see that you use that spot, plus he can't park right there if the garbage can is there.
    He probably does not realize that he is parked somewhere that is a problem for you, and once you let him know you use that exact spot, then he will find another place to park.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

He's gone now. I'll have to watch when he leaves and do that with my cans next week.

I just don't want to make any neighbor angry because you never know what they might do. Everyone here is pretty nice but I don't even know who it belongs to.

There really is enough parking so he doesn't have to park that close to my driveway.

9. Yvonne Smith

I think that they probably have not thought about you using that spot in your driveway. As long as you just explain to them WHY you need that particular spot, in your usual Angelic Manner, then the owner won't be angry, because you are not being angry with them.
    It is good that you live in a nice neighborhood where you are.
    If a car even stops in front of our house, we are checking to see what they are up to, and if they tried to park there overnight, Bobby would be out there talking to them, and probably NOT with an angelic manner !

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It just occurred to me that it might belong to the guy who helped me last year when my A/C when out. He lives about 5-6 houses down and on the other side.

He has a pick up truck but I can't remember the color...he also has a boat. Would that hitch hold a boat?

Hope it's not his....he was too nice to me last year. :(

For him not to block my driveway, my next door neighbor would have to move his car up some...this is getting complicated and I don't want to ruffle any feathers...especially these two neighbors.

The one was helpful and the other one I share a fence with so I need him on my good side, especially when I'm away.

11. Yvonne Smith

Just put your garbage can out there on garbage day when the truck is gone and see what happens. Maybe they will take the hint, and you won't have to say anything. You might have to do that every week until they realize that you need that space for your can each week.
    Can you try and watch and see when they drive it away or back again, and then maybe you can tell whose truck it is.
    That truck can definitely pull a boat, or even a camper trailer.
    You have been gone some this last month; so maybe they are just trying to make it look like someone is home . Could that be possible ?

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Yvonne Smith ...the boat owning person wouldn't know I was gone.

Even when I'm home, my car is ALWAYS in my garage. Ive never parked on the street for a second.

No cars in front of the house don't mean that you might not be home here. Most have 3 car garages which really mean 2 car garages because we don't have basements so lots of junk in the other garage. :)

Maryt Hope likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So @Chrissy Cross did you get this problem taken care of? I hate not knowing the end of the story. :)

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Haven't seen him since, lol.

Maybe he saw me taking the picture.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy why get upset when you can have so much fun. Just get some white chalk, clipboard, and camera, wait to you see him coming go out mark how far he is over you drive way take a picture of the distance and his license plate. Make sure he see you if he ask say the police told you to do it and nothing more. When you have a bad situation have fun.