In The Blink Of An Eye

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Not a big Fan of FaceBook, however it does have a purpose, besides all the trivial things that are posted.
    Late yesterday I was looking for an old post of mine, to add to this site. But something caught my attention from oldest daughter. Her oldest daughter husbands, mother and her sister,and friend had been in a horrific car crash. The reports showed the remainder of the vehicles, and reports about the accident,most were not accurate. They had been to a birthday party the previous night but none of their kids realized the women had never made it home, until the FB post and someone pointed out the car.
    The other great grand mother (of my great grand kids) was unconscious, lacerated liver, broken leg, ribs and neck. The second her sister, had no physical injuries, or internal ones they could find, but remains unconscious The friend, and only child herself, but who has 4 children of her own, was pronounced brain dead yesterday.
    They were stopped either at a red light or stop sign when a drunk driver hit them, and two to other cars.
    As right now do not know anything about the other people and their kids.
    Am trying to be patient today, waiting for news on how any of them are doing. Also hoping to more accurate facts once the investigation is done.
    I cried most of the late afternoon, along with my youngest daughter as we shake our heads and ask Why?
    I feel so deeply for anyone who goes through this type of thing, but when it becomes personal, it seems to hurt even more. All because someone had to have another drink, and in the blink of an eye, many lives are damaged forever. I complain all the time that no one calls each other anymore, you can only find out stuff on social media it seems. However I am grateful someone posted the accident. Face book does serve a purpose...helps catch criminals, lost senior citizens, abducted children and even pets, accidents.
    Good or bad, in the blink of an eye, someone, somewhere can change everything.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hugs Gloria!

Yep, it's the in a blink of an eye moments that worry me. Any day that ALL my loved ones aren't accounted for I worry.

They may not all call but I see signs of them on the internet via FB and other social media.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Hedi Mitchell and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear such sad news, @Gloria Mitchell . It's true that we never know what the next minutes will bring. So, if you love someone, tell them so. You may never have another chance.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Dear Lord. @Gloria Mitchell , this is a horrible tragedy to affect your family, particularly your daughter and grand-daughter and her husband ... who must be just in absolute total shock today...

I'm a tee-totaller, I'd never drink and drive..it horrifies me, and to think that your family were the innocent party whose lives have been destroyed by some AH who totally selfishly got behind a wheel of a killing machine knowing they'd had to much alcohol.. Tragic beyond words!! ((((hugs)))) to you and yours..and R.I.P to the lady who lost her life...may the other ladies pull through, but their lives will never be the same unfortunately.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sending my prayers for you and your family, too, @Gloria Mitchell , and I am sure that your family has to be totally devastated by this, and especially to learn about it from seeing an accident posted on Facebook, and recognizing the vehicle.
    All of my immediate family have iPads and iPhones, so we can all keep track of each other with our "find friends" app, and like @Chrissy Cross mentioned, any day that I can't tell that everyone is somewhere that they are supposed to be , and presumably safe, then I start worrying, too.
    Drunk drivers are a terrible thing !
    I remember the night that I was hit by a drunk driver doing well over 100mph on the I-5 freeway near Seattle. I was puttering along at 55-60 in my little Yugo, and the other vehicle was a 3/4 ton pickup with heavy stock racks. After he rear-ended my car, he pushed me over the embankment, and at that point, I was sure that my life was ending, right then.
    Giving all credit to seat belts; I still know that I should have died, and only God's grace kept me alive through the crash.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all for your prayers and understanding. @Yvonne Smith so sorry you had to got through all of that,also.
    I do not know all the details yet...but two trucks,at least one drunk driver plowed into them ..they sped off and hit two
    more cars up the road- they were racing each other! Another fatality in that accident, do not know about the others yet.
    The update on our three.. the grandmother is conscious and had steel rod put in her leg. The one pronounced brain dead, her organs
    are being donated per her previous request to family. The sister of the grandma is in a coma, and not breathing on her own...very little brain activity.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll hold you and yours in the light.