In Lieu Of Traditional Prayer

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith Thank you for the prayers and the hug...both are much appreciated! :) I agree with you that knowing in my heart that I will see my loved ones again some day brings me great peace and comfort. Yet now when I feel such grief for my cousin's wife and his baby Julia, as well as the rest of his family....it just all seems like such a senseless tragedy. :(

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that when something like this happens, and so unexpected, we are just so overcome by grief that this is all we are aware of, at least that is what happens with me, @Babs Hunt . It is hard to know why things like this happen, and we can't see any reason for it.
    When I was in the bad car accident, I was having a hard time understanding why that happened.
    The accident was so terrible that we should never have even lived through it, and yet, both my ex-husband and myself came out of that mangled car and walked away from the accident.
    I knew that it had to be God's hand that kept us both alive; but what I didn't understand was why He didn't just keep me another 5-10 minutes before I drove down the freeway that night, and I would have missed that drunk driver completely from him being on the freeway and hitting us at over 100 mph.
    It seemed like that would have been a lot simpler for God to do than let me go through the accident; but that was not what happened.

Later, my husband left, my world turned upside down, and I wished every night that I would never wake up again. What kept me going was remembering that God had kept me alive through the accident, and knowing that He wanted me alive and not dead.
    Sometimes, things make sense to us later, and sometimes, they never do, and we just have to trust that our lives are in the Lord's hands.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and ask God to comfort all of you.
    I am just SO happy to see you back on the forum again ! !

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Is anyway wrong or right. I have has an amazing Buddhist and Hindu blessing. I definately felt a sense of spirituality on both blessings. Whatever suits you as an individual.

10202615323284820.jpg /

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree Honey, there is no right or wrong answer on this. It's about what you believe. Atheists are just as happy
    as believers. Or they can be just as miserable on both sides.

Pretty sure radical islamists believe in Allah and that there are virgins waiting for them in heaven....otherwise they wouldn't be so willing to die.

Their belief in Allah is just as strong as the people that believe in God, Buddha and any of the other gods people believe in.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/...-state-loyalist-oh-wish-carry-suicide-attack/

Even people that have no loved ones left on earth and are given a terminal diagnosis fight to live...they don't seem to be in a hurry to see their loved ones in heaven.

Also, what happens if you marry someone of a different faith and a different belief? Will you be going to different heavens?

What if your loved ones are agnostics? You won't see them either. Too many unknowns to worry about...that's why I don't.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Honey Gee likes this.