In a Quarrel, Each Side is Right

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Avigail David, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Has a fight or a quarrel been a consistent entry in your diaries? I think I used to write them when I couldn't speak about them with anyone, even with the person I have a quarrel with. Unless, I take my quarrels out on to that person whom I can "whack him on the face" and get it over with. Nah... that isn't my way of dealing with getting my point across.

Mostly, I talk to ... a quarrelsome teenager, who thinks he knows everything; and that he is right about everything. Before I do that, I must understand that the person in question has important issues about his perspective of things. I must understand that he is right in his own point of view. Of course, I am right, too... in my point of view.

Usually, we don't arrive at who is right or who is wrong. With talking, we understand better but not necessarily agreeing.

Well, with my young adults, Mom is always right. :cool:

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

You know it is not about being right all the time, some times it is about getting them to think about what they are doing and helping them to come to the same point of few you have when you are right.

Avigail David likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe in right and wrong. I am right and everyone else is wrong. The only question is whether they are wrong because they are stupid or because they are evil.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, there can be two sides to every argument. Perhaps this is why in some quarrels neither side wants to bend. They only see their side in it and think they are in the right. Well, if the truth be told both sides are right, they do have a valid side. But sometimes it takes meeting someone half way and being willing to see their side that can resolve a fight effectively. Otherwise people just stand around talking about how they are right and the other person is wrong while things just esculate and get even uglier then they were to begin with.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with the title. When I get involved in an argument or a fight, I always think I am right and never did it cross my mind that somehow I may be wrong. But when my husband started convincing me that I was wrong sometimes, it made me think. That gave me the insight to be neutral in looking at my side and the other side of the argument. Now I know how to assess the situation.

But when there are 2 people close to me who are in a disagreement, I let them be. Getting involved in a any way is not good for me because it will only give me undue stress.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a time and a place to quarrel!;)

[​IMG]

7. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I favour the Brian Clough approach to differences of opinion: "We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right."

[Note: Brian Clough was a legendary British football manager - apologies to those already cognisant of that fact.]

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Brian never claimed to be the best manager in the business....... "But I was in the top one”, he said.

Tom Locke likes this.
  9. Avigail David

Registered

With this kerfufle, disorder in the LGBT liberal leftists Democrats movement, their side of moral divide is in its entirety evil, foolanonsense, wrong and not to be tolerated. I wonder when has their fall gone ahead of their pride? Or is it coming yet?

10. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

As a British "leftist", I wonder if I'm evil as well. Personally, I've never seen anything evil in wanting a fairer world for every human being.

11. Avigail David

Registered

If your leftism, which is not liberalism, assumes human freedom and individualism, then, it's a good thing. All is happy. But if your leftism invokes "totalitarian collectivism: the notion that the interests of the collective must dominate the interests of every individual..." I leave that up to you.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  12. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

It's funny Avigail how you draw a line between one type of "leftism," and another. They are opposites of each other. I wonder how many people think about those differences, and even know where they stand on the issues.

Avigail David likes this.