I'm Tired Of Being On My Feet

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Kitty Carmel, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

All my jobs since my first to now have been on my feet jobs. I've started a new job after leaving my old one I had been at for 6 1/2 years. I left because I know that building has a mold problem. I'm not the only one who said that and I couldn't take the exposure anymore.

I miss the job and some of the people and the fact that I knew the job and place there. The new job is not on computers and I feel like I'm in the dark ages, flipping though sheets of paper all the time.

I tried a part time job 1/2 hour away but didn't like the drive on an essentially unlived on but rather busy divided four lane highway that connects that town to the one I live in. I would drive home late at night and worried about deer and other animals on the road.

I wish I could figure out how things will play out. I'm not sure if I was ready to work part time but full time is still killing me, on my feet so much. One advantage on this job is it's 3 on 2 off. I've never seen this schedule. I guess they want to go to a 4/2 but staff is resisting. I would to.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't talk about feet :rolleyes: I'm tempted to cut mine off :mad:
    Keep looking for that dream job, it may just appear :)

3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm looking on Indeed and Craigs list almost daily. When the methadone clinic wouldn't hire me at less than 1/2 my current wage, that was a confidence buster. I think it was age related. EVERYONE working there was very very young. I guess they didn't think my age bracket can have any compassion for this group which is not true.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:eek:Ouchy

Patsy Faye likes this.