I'm Losing An Old Friend: Amber Rain

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ina I. Wonder, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I think my old fur baby friend is going to pass in the the couple of days. Her Name is Amber Rain, and she is almost 16 years old. I found her in an abandoned house on my birthday, that hadn't been lived in a long time. She cried three days before I finally found her. It was a golden rainy day, and after I took she home and showered with her to get us both clean, I found out she was a dog. Since it was Dec. it was too cold to leave she outside, so she became an inside/outside pet. She became my shadow, and we communicate with sign language, which has been a good thing since she went deaf.

Amber has shown no symptoms other than arthritis discomfort, so I decided that I would not have her put down, but let her die comfortably in her bed at home.

I going to miss her so much, and I'm greatfull to still have little Izzy. This is Amber Rain.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear that, Ina. I hope she goes peacefully. I'm sure she had a good life with you. Hugs.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl-dog! You both have had a wonderful life together, Ina! How will Izzy take her leaving?

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

With that length of time you spent with Amber, surely you will miss her. This reminds me of our first dog named Jedi who was so affectionate and protective. No one could come near me when I am sleeping for Jedi would surely be on the attack. She died of renal failure when she was 10. It was an agonizing 2 weeks for us because at her age, the vet was against a surgery and the only option left was euthanasia. And on that 19th day of May 2007, we said goodbye to Jedi. I was in mourning for more than a week after that.

Ruby Begonia and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Yes she has had a good life. She has always been a happy dog, She would catch birds, never hurting them, and bring them to me as a gift. Once she brought me a baby squirrel, and we raised it until we let it go into our yard. You could watch the squirrel and Amber playing. She would let all the small kids crawl all over her. She always had tons of patience with me, and she never even nipped at anyone.

Izzy is upset, because he loves her. He keeps trying to give her his food. He is staying pretty close to her right now. Poor Izzy is going to miss Amber as much as I will.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Amber Rain. She sounds like such a little sweetheart. What you have shared is so touching. I'll be thinking of you both.

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww Ina she looks adorable...and it's such a dread waiting for them to go when you know they haven't much time left and you spend all your time looking into their eyes wondering when it will be the last time. They become such precious members of the family.

One of my grandfurkids is also terminal also ..she's 16 and old for a staffie and she wasn't expected to see Christmas, so we could lose her at any time at any time, it's heartbreaking.

8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry to hear the sad news Ina, Lisa's 15 year old Siamese cat died last summer, and we still miss her welcoming us when we came home.

We often get so attached to pets that it's like losing a member of the family.
    I hope the end is peaceful.

9. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear of Amber Rain's health issues. It's always difficult to lose part of the family, which it sounds like Amber Rain is. You have given her so much more in life than she had when you found her. Be thankful for the days you've had together and the memories she will leave behind.

10. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

What a beautiful, beautiful baby! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, @Ina I. Wonder . There will be such wonderful memories, but so much pain as well. I know we're fooling ourselves if we don't think that... reach out for emotional support when you need it.. it's vital.

You have given Amber Rain a lot of happy years, and I'm sure that in her own doggy-way, she appreciates that so very much!

11. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear that, Ina.

12. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

So sorry Ina. Brings a tear to my eye this morning, just reading your posts.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

My golden Amber Rain died last night about 2:am. It came quicker than I thought it would, and for her sake I'm glad it happened as it did. At least I was able to sit and be with her as she sighed one last time. Just 12 hours earlier, she was outside barking at the neighbor's riding their horses. I will miss her so very very much. Now I must go dig a grave for her. She will be buried in the bed my husband spent a whole day building for her.

Sorry about the downer my friends, but you folks are my best friends, and I feel that y'all will understand.

14. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG] ..again, so sorry.

About 20 years ago, I had my little bichon frise, Micki die in my arms... it seems like yesterday.
    Those times always stay with us.

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

oooooh Ina..... *sigh*..:(:(.I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful girl so soon, and how grateful you must be that you were there to hold her as she drew her last breath of life.

R.I.P Amber Rain, if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever ....enjoy your new home at Rainbow bridge and all your new friends there... bless you Ina...and may god bless Amber rain ((hugs)))