I'm Happy This Morning Because In Two More Days...

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Honey will be joining me here in Texas at our daughter and her family's home. This will be his first time here and it will not only give Papaw time with our youngest granddaughter at her home so she can think of him here as she does me...but it will also give us time together to check out Needville and the surrounding areas so we have more information in making our decision whether to move here or not. I will be happy to have him with me because I will not have seen him for two weeks by the time we pick him up at the train station...and I miss my Honey. I am also excited that at the end of the week we will be taking our first train ride together back to our home in Louisiana. It's sort of like a mini vacation which is always a nice thing. I also can't wait for him to have a slice of the heavenly homemade pies that a small Needville cafe bakes. I haven't told him yet that he will be able to have a slice of pie made with one of his favorites...peanut butter silk pie with chocolate swirls. :) I hope we will some sunny days so we can get out and about to check out what might become our new home town.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope your wishes come true and you get to move near your daughter, I know how hard it is to visit my son in Illinois.

My ex boyfriend who lived with me for a few years was liked by all my grandsons, he liked them also.

Only my oldest grandson, Michael met my late husband. The rest of my grandson were born after my husband died. Even after we split, we still talked on the phone. His home was in Ohio but he would always ask about them and have me send recent pics.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Ahh when things go your way makes life so wonderful! Enjoy! Wish you all the happiness and life keeps going your way too. You know that's what makes life so sweet when things are happening just the way you hope for. Well here's hoping all will have life go their way too.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, you sound so excited and I can't blame you for missing your husband. You remind me of the time when my husband was sent on a one-week seminar in Singapore. We were connected by Facebook although we only exchange messages at night since he was in the seminar the whole daytime. On his second day, I was planning to go there. It doesn't matter if the plane ticket is expensive. Maybe I was missing him. But my plan did not materialize because my husband is a very practical person.

Anyway, that would be a great trip back home on the train. So it seems that you husband went there to pick you up.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This is an older post and this already happened.

I know Babs was talking about moving closer to her daughter so hope that is happening. Train rides are fun but
    Speaking from experience it gets difficult always traveling to see your grandkids.

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I am happy today becausr my teen is allowing me to shape his beard. It will be a job but I am up to the task! Senior pictures are next week and I want him looking good!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Your son is the same age as my oldest grandson! I'm starting to feel old on here with all the people under 60.:(

I think my grandson starts school on Wednesday.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife and I have only been apart from each other, besides during the weekdays when she is at work, twice since we've met. Once, for a few nights after she had a surgery and once, for 3 nights when I had a hip replacement done. We both came to see each other during Visiting Hours.
    All vacations, visits and shopping we do together.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If it is any consolation to you ,, @Chrissy Page , my oldest son is old enough to be a member here on the forum; and that certainly helps a person to REALLY feel like a senior.
    I was almost your age when Bobby and I got married, and now I think of that as part of "my younger years".
    It is funny when I listen to the people on here that think they are old because they are in their fifties, and then I remember that I have a son that old......... Oh, woe is me.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, you made me feel a little better. :)

My daughter is 45 so in 5 more years she can join here also. I didn't realize you were almost my age when you married, maybe there's hope for me yet.