I'm Getting My New Iphone 11 Pro Delivered This Morning

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This had me chuckling for a while last night, when I read your post , @Ken Anderson . I think that you made a great decision, and I am looking forward to hearing how you like the new phone ?
    My oldest son just got one, and he is impressed with the new camera capabilities, and he was only upgrading from an 11. Face ID is awesome, and saves a lot of time, and usually does not have to be redone like the Touch ID fingerprint does.
    Did you get the Pro or the Pro Max with the larger screen , and what color did you choose ?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I haven't set up the face ID yet. I have fingerprint ID on my MacBook but it works for only a few days, and I have to redo it. Eventually, I'll set up facial ID on the phone, I'm sure. While I prefer a real camera to a phone camera, I don't generally have my real camera with me when I come across something I want to take a picture of. I didn't like the photo results from the iPhone 7 at all, because everything looked washed out, but this is probably going to be better. I have the Pro Max with the larger screen. As for the color, I don't remember what they called it - they called it something other than black, but it looks black to me.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Looks like it is the graphite one then, it is closest to black. You will really like the Face ID . It only takes a few minutes to set up, and then you never have to use a passcode again, plus, you can use Face ID to log into almost anything online, like Facebook, etc.
    The Touch ID is sensitive to all sorts of things that happen to your thumbprint, like working out in the yard and garden where it scrapes the skin a little bit; but that does not happen with the Face ID.
    I usually wear reading glasses, so I set up a Face ID with and without the glasses, and even when I have my winter hat on, or a scarf, it still can tell it is me.

C71140D2-7954-418D-A920-A8B75B4E9313.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I can almost see it now.....
    You walk in the store with your head held high, jaw set and ready to deal. You’re at the counter and haphazardly threw the old phone on the counter to get someone’s attention. You look down at your watch and count the seconds (for effect) and this pretty young thing walks up on the other side of the counter and says, “will that be cash or charge?”.
    You stammer and stutter and she gives you the box with the IPhone 12 pro in it and asks again, “Will that be cash or charge”.
    You say, “downgrade” under your breath and she says, “yessir, this will be a downgrade sometime in the next year or so. Will that be cash or charge”?
    You give her your card, she smiles some more, gives you the receipt and says with the sexiest southern drawl....”Merry Christmas”.