Illusions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This is really interesting, at least to me. It's called The Ames Room/Illusion, and is designed to trick our minds.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:That's amazing! The illusion your mind and eyes can play on you when you see things that are not of the ordinary. Guess artists can visualize these sort of things when they paint or draw making their images 3 dimensional. I've always marveled at how artists can make things look so real like trump l'oeil.

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I love stuff like this! I know it's all a matter of perspective and proportion, but I like to believe it's all done with real magic. LOL

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I knew I'd seen something similar on the BBC a few years ago. Here it is:

5. Diane Lane

Registered

Here's another. This is a performance from Dancing With The Stars, and it really amazed me when I first saw it, and it still does. I know they explained how it was accomplished, but I don't remember what they said. I'm thinking mirrors, but I could be wrong. Like @Brittany Houser, I still believe in magic.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's amusing to enter an illusion house. I was able to experience that this summer in a theme park (near the mountain resort that we went to). Called Funtastic, it had lots of novelties worthy of the camera. You can imagine the kids rummaging in the chest of costumes and headgear with a background that can fool the ordinary eye. There is also that illusion room like that in the first post where the one person looks small while the other looks like a giant.

Here is my contribution to this thread - an optical illusion of a floating head. Take note, that's me in the photo... IMG_4679 Optical Illusion.JPG

Bill Boggs and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

Great pic, that sounds like a fun and interesting place. I've never heard of an illusion house, other than the rooms with the crazy mirrors that distort people. How does it feel to see your head there???

Corie Henson likes this.
  8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting, a great illusion.