Ignore The News?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Marie Mallery, May 21, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I may try to ignore the news for a while, all it does is make me upset about things I have no control over.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We never get upset and watch national news quite often. Reality is reality. Many former military members, like myself (Navy/Vietnam Era) can be pretty hardcore when it comes to news. My wife is more sensitive than I am, but she still keeps understands what goes on in America and world and it doesn't really upset her.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks for your service Cody ,my son was Navy in Gulf war.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks for the compliment, Marie, BUT, I enlisted because the Draft was after me. I got my Draft Notice when I was at Navy Basic Training. So, I definitely didn't enlist because I wanted to. The Army Draft pushed me into enlisting in the Navy, so they couldn't get me. Would rather be on a ship at sea, by Nam, than in the Army pounding the Vietnam jungle looking for VC/NVA to kill.

Is he somewhat "hardcore" when it comes to certain things?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That’s one way to handle stress and the other is to look for the breaks.
    For instance, with all of Nancy P’s rosy cheeked rhetoric she has found her match with the Catholic Bishop of her district. He came out in public and declared that she can’t take communion if she retains her stance on abortion. Claiming to be Catholic and being Catholic are two different stories and the Bishop warned her many times over the years concerning her claims.

Speaking of Catholicism, even though it’s embarrassing for we the people, I had a good laugh when Biden unloaded his innards whilst talking with the Pope.

All the garbage about Title 42 has come to a temporary halt when a judge said that they couldn’t discontinue stopping illegals from coming across the border who are suspected of having Covid which is leaving the Dems in office absolutely foaming at the bit.

And….if I really want a pick-me-up, I YouTube Kamala Harris and get videos of her speaking and what other news broadcasters have to say about her throughout the world. If the world is laughing I might as well laugh with them because frankly, idiocy can be funny and it’s not a hate crime to laugh at idiots.

In other words Marie, sometimes when everything is going to Hades in a hand basket and we find that we can do little to nothing to make it right, we have to simply find something to laugh at.
    To face the facts, when it comes to this administration, there’s so much good material that it will take decades for professional comedians to use it all up.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Bobby, I know I shouldn't let it get to me but at times, it does. Wish there were more good news.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

We did have a lot of laughs about this protester on another site, members added songs to the 'event'. He wasn't seriously hurt.My favorite was Johnny Cash, Ring Of Fire.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm interested in local news but national news, not so much. I do want to know a little about what's going on nationally, but I don't want to hear it repeated or analyzed over and over. One and done. I've been watching the Depp / Heard trial a little to get away from it.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here. The local news doesn't get analyzed with the "common 'tater" spin. :D I also like to see the weather so we tune to the local news.

10. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This screed might not make sense to many, but here it is. Is there, or should there be two different Nancy P.s?, one the Catholic and the other the US Representative N,P? Should she have voted for the communion rather than what she and her constituency believed?

I've mentioned before that as a card carrying atheist, I have all of the respect for people who are truly believers. For many, like Frank Graham and the other big box grifters, I have no respect. I might also mention that I've read the Bible from front to end more than once, and am quite familiar with the history of both major orientations of Christianity.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Want better news, a little more "happier" news, watch at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

She should have personal convictions of some kind and run on those convictions, whatever they are. She is certainly free to leave the Catholic Church and become Unitarian or something. She is just saying that she really doesn't believe in anything, and just goes wit the flow.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

We just watched the old Titanic movie ,I put it in ' What Movies You Watching' thread. A good movie.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Her "religion" is pandering.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

When you begin to feel like this, it means you have watched and heard too much. We never watch news of any kind before bed eiher.