Iceland Declares All Religions Are Mental Disorders

Discussion in 'Atheism & Antitheism' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Out of about 255K people, only 11% or so are protestant and Catholic and the rest of the population is either Atheist or belong to cultish type of belief systems. The Church of Iceland in particular isn’t a normal “church” at all but a well government financed organization of Atheists and whatever else other than Christianity.

They have freedom of religion and all religions are semi-financed by the government of Iceland so it’s not so strange that the majority (atheists) would not want any financing to go to those institutions.
    I would hardly think that anyone is really worried about Iceland turning into a theocratic majority.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sigh...least of worries in life..but interesting:)

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No country has the balls to declare ALL religions as "mental disorders."
    They are safe attacking Christianity, but they will never touch Islam...I mean, let's not lose our heads.

The labels on Bibles (but not Qur'ans) and banning televangelists in 2017 story is true.
    The "psychological disorder" declaration is not, if my quick research is accurate.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

If true, instead they are ending up more like China and North Korea.

Martin Alonzo and Lois Winters like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That does it. I'm not moving to Iceland either. First China, now Iceland; pretty soon, I'll run out of places not to move to.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

You might want to add Colorado to the “not moving to” list also, because they have Plague Squirrels ! !

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

In my view, religion is the source of morality which keeps you "good" when no one is looking. Look at the actions of the godless left.

Hedi Mitchell and Al Amoling like this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Registered

It may be the Source of morality but does not make people moral.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is true that nothing can Make people moral for indeed we are free to choose between moral, immoral, right and wrong, good and evil but by whose standards are we to go by?
    From ruler to ruler throughout mankind’s history on earth, the issue of morality was whatever the ruling party deemed it to be.
    The Law of Moses set forth a standard of ethics and morals that has pretty much been accepted by all of civilized society.
    To deny the fact that some people feel free to deny those standards and do whatever they wish would be ludicrous for a major portion of those living in jails would be proof of that.
    Biblically, “there is none righteous, no not one” so we have all blown the issue of ethics and morality but at least there is a guideline by which no man should be able to confuse what is right and what is wrong.

12. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I actually understand, in some sense, that Iceland is correct! There is “foolishness in salvation.”

The apostle Paul himself said: “For since, in God's wisdom, the world did not know God through wisdom, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of the message preached.” (1 Cor 21:1, Holman Bible)

God is perfect and holy. Therefore, He can’t think foolishly or act foolishly. God’s thoughts and actions are often seen as foolish because men and women do not have enough strength or knowledge to gauge spiritual matters, which makes God’s thoughts and actions foreign to them. It takes the Holy Spirit placed into the heart by God, because the deep matters of thoughts are “...piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow...” , and So Paul is explaining that to those who are unsaved that when God appears foolish or weak, their only hope is to explain away God’s thoughts and actions as foolish.

Betty Jones and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok this is not the conspiracy section, so Can I expect truth?
    Lon, Did you really check it out on SNOPES? Really?
    I checked. So did you really honestly,, cross your heart hope to die, check it out?

Please look here:https://fullfact.org/online/iceland-religions-mental-disorders-satire/
    And here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/iceland-mandates-mental-health-warnings-on-all-bibles/

So did you cut and paste or really check it out?
    Here is a link to the original story in "Patheos" :https://www.patheos.com/blogs/laugh...eland-mandates-mental-health-warnings-bibles/
    And the link on the Patheos page declaring satire:https://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/is-this-satire/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

I did check it out because I didn't believe it.

15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Well as you can see,it is not news at all, but satire and Snopes clearly says that.

Yvonne Smith likes this.