I Think I Am Going To Run For President!

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I want to start a new party called the Conservative Democratic Republican Progressive Independent Party and my platform, if I choose to run, will be the “give and take” platform. (give a little, take a lot)

Seriously though, besides wanting to get rich whilst in office and free health care for the healthy, is there a plank that you would implement if you were the elected big boss and if so, how might you put it into effect?

Do Note: Satire AND truthful answers are both allowed. Satire because sometimes there’s more truth to it than meets the eye and truthful well, because it’s what you really want to do.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  2. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I would make all IRA contributions tax free, FOREVER! This would mean that when you withdraw them, after you hit the established age for your birth year, what you withdraw would still be tax free!

Maximum contribution, per person, would be $10,000/yr. If you started socking that sum away, yearly, for 40-50 years, you'd have a nice little sum to live off of, for a while, when you hit the magic age.

Whoever pushes to have this put in effect gets my vote, no ifs, ands, or buts!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I would cut foreign aid, especially to those countries whose goal is to murder Americans and bring us down. I would funnel the funds to helping Americans in need so that hopefully no American child will have go to bed hungry again. Yeah, I'm a dirty nationalist.

I'd also make sure that the existing immigration laws are enforced and get that wall finished.

Next would be term limits for ALL elected officials, starting with congress.

Remove taxation from all Social Security benefits. Why the hell are we paying tax on money we already paid taxes on?

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I would add when you do term limits eliminate all of the Cadillac benefits from elected officials. Let's stop the career politicians living better than their employers.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Regarding the Congressional acts, I would highly recommend that each member of Congress be breathalyzed prior to entering the chamber and have a U/A performed by the White House medical staff at least once a month.

Now, if perchance one or more of the members are a bit anal about it, that’s exactly where the thermometer should be placed when their temperature is taken.
    (If at some point the breathalyzer and thermometer are switched, well, it just gets marked off as another potty mouthed congressperson.).

Note: I’m really serious about the UA and the breathalyzer thing.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Terry Coywin likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya know, I’ve been thinking about something for quite a while. This voting thing that we do. There’s nearly always too much turmoil in the aftermath because I would gauge that the vast majority of citizens do not even know anything about the whole of the matter of voting.
    The Constitution has all the information but most folks can’t tell the difference between the preambles of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

It’s a given that a lot of us would have to be grandfathered in but I truly believe that every U.S. citizen, starting at the age of 16, should have to take and pass a civics course before they can legally register to vote in a national election.

But of course, I also like the idea of having a voter I.D. but that doesn’t look like the nation is quite ready for that.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's my thought about voting and elections. How is it that any online computing transaction can be processed at light speed but this country can't get votes counted? Mail in ballots in the computer age are absurd. There must be a secure electronic method for casting a ballot, so why isn't more of an effort put into it? Every election cycle it's the same B.S.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Agreed! Somewhere in the last 4-5 years on this forum I suggested voting via PC but it wasn’t received very well.

As a side bar: when i was a lad and all the prospects of computerization were coming out, I wrote a kind of science fiction piece about having street corner computers. People would just walk by them, put their card in the slot and type in who or what they wanted to vote for.
    In the story, nearly everything was voted for. There were no city councils, no representatives, just machines on the corner of a street.

Ed Wilson and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Voting online would be way more susceptible to hacking. Paper ballots are the safest way to go. There is a backup, in case of software or hardware glitches. And recounts.

After the Florida mess in 2000, with hanging chads, many states went to paperless voting. Our precinct did. Now many are going back again to paper ballots in some form. For example an electronic machine that will record your vote electronically (but locally), and print out a paper ballot.

Bill Boggs and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Okay, here’s another problem to be solved which I might have a solution to. Protesting. It’s a right and people are really screwing it up.
    How about appointing Disney for crowd control? They have more experience with it than any other entity on earth and they make money doing it.

Ed Wilson and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The best we have now is tax differed. When you cash in you get hammered but you could be in a lower tax bracket.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

My plank would be, payday every day and no work on payday.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In context, that may sound ridiculous to some but there are 3 pimps on my street that have actually put that theory into practice.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  14. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The feelings of all the preceeding make the climate seem ripe for Revolution!

name withheld

Craig Wilson likes this.