I Tell Wife I Love Her Every Day

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hal Pollner, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do this once or twice a day plus show her that I still desire her. Married 46 years and still madly in love. Love at first sight dies exist. I saw my wife on a train and 3 weeks later we were engaged.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum @VinnyFL ...I think you will have to change your name, nothing personal but this forum require you to have a first and last name..doesn't have to be your own, so I suspect you;ll get a mail from admin to that effect!

However do not let that put you off... this is a small but friendly forum.. .so it's nice to have you on board!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Beyond being an emotional statement that is made to show affection, my reasoning for telling my wife that I love her on many occasions during the day is simply a sort of short hand for “I’m thinking of you” in a positive manner.

I tell her before I leave the house because I am extremely aware of the fact that things happen and it might be the last time I can tell her. The same goes before we go to sleep because I may not wake up.
    I would rather her last memory of me was that I professed my love for her rather than breaking the promise of “see ya later”.
    I may be simply looking at her and thinking some fond thought and I want to let her into that world as one of the things that drives me foreword.

To me, there is no time or place that isn’t appropriate for a small three word affirmation which might help my lady to feel more secure and much needed. If I’m too repetitious, so be it, but the opposite or even a once in a while just seems to give so much more room for doubt or a distancing that so many couples suffer from.

We may sit in the same room and say nothing to each other for hours but every now and then when I look at her, I tell her I love her because.......I simply do.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

awww that's just lovely @Bobby Cole . You're both blessed to have found each other in this huge world of possibilities...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I tell my wife she's a twit at least a couple of times a day. That's code for "I love you."

Shirley Martin and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Is that equivalent to dingbat?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, I would say a twit and a dingbat are roughly equivalent.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes, but Never to be confused with a twinkie who has some markings that twits possess but are still in a classification of their own. The sideways tilt of the head and a remarkable affinity to pom poms are dead giveaways for the dreaded twinkie.

That said, even twinkies need someone to tell them they are loved if even for a few minutes or so. i.e. The quarterback, halfback, captain of the team ..............

Nancy Hart likes this.
  10. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, always let your spouse know that you love them in actions and words. If you don't, you'll be wishing you had after they're gone. My husband has been gone 5 years and I wish I could tell him that again and I know I told him some and showed him! I still wish I could tell him today!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

If I had but twenty-four hours to live
    The things that don't matter could wait.
    I'd play with the children, hear all their stories
    Tell you I love you before it's too late.

Don Alaska likes this.