I Tell Wife I Love Her Every Day

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hal Pollner, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This keeps my Warranty in force.

Hal

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Veteran Member
    Registered

My roommate told me the other day that in our long relationship I had told her I loved her five times. I didn't realize I'd gotten so carried away.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  3. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ya think ya might throw in afew extras Bill...I mean after all shes still with you:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Tell my wife ever day "I love you" and she says it back. We also tell wife's sister, brother and niece that on the phone at the end of the conversation. Say that to my brother when we talk to him on the phone. Perhaps if more of today's couples and families said that short phrase, we'd have a better society. .

Anyway, a lot of couples will say, "she (or he) knows I love them, because I show it everyday." Really reminds me of the Karen Carpenter Story movie where a family therapist asked her parents "how often do you tell her you love her?". They said "she knows we love her, because we show her every day." The therapist told them, "tell her as well". So, the night before she died, as Karen was walking up the stairs to go to bed, her mom looked from the bottom of the stairs and said "Karen, we love you". Karen smiled and died that night.

So, let all of us TRY and put "I love you" into use with family and see what happens.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Tim Allen once said he apologizes to his wife at the beginning of every day to make up for the times he offends her, even the ones he doesn't know about. I profess love to my wife every morning and every evening; I couldn't get through a day if I didn't hear it in return.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

If it's just an automatic "I love you" ...I'd rather have actions rather than words.

I talk to my son less often than I talk to my daughter and I always end all conversations and texts with "I love you" and texts with ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

One heart for each member of his family...but I talk to my daughter a few times every single day and I seldom say "I love you".

She knows it though.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Some people use it too much and easily...my ex still says "I love you" when I talk or text....then I feel like I have to say it back even though I don't love him.

I say it quickly and quietly...just a love you too. Always makes me feel bad.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, no matter what, saying "I love you" can/does make a world of difference to some people. Showing love and saying "I love you" is done by wife and I all the time.

Heck, I will send her a text at work that says "Miss you, love you". She absolutely loves it and will return the text the same way.

My Guardian parents showed me love thru a place to live and food, but "telling" was very seldom done. Personally, I like both, showing and telling.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I only like saying if it's sincere.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ours are 100% sincere. That's why her family loves our marriage so much and so do we.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Never said it wasn't, so was mine to my husband.

12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, good point. I'll add that to my bucket list.

Gloria Mitchell likes this.
  13. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Active Member
    Registered

i always say i love you to my children every day

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

You are wise beyond your years. :D

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't know if any of you are familiar with this guy, but he is the equivalent of Alaska's Poet Laureate. This is a song he wrote to his wife a number of years ago. He has a family history of dementia, and has became an advocate for treatment and cure.

16. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

17. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Active Member
    Registered

I do this once or twice a day plus show her that I still desire her. Married 46 years and still madly in love. Love at first sight dies exist. I saw my wife on a train and 3 weeks later we were engaged.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  18. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum @VinnyFL ...I think you will have to change your name, nothing personal but this forum require you to have a first and last name..doesn't have to be your own, so I suspect you;ll get a mail from admin to that effect!

However do not let that put you off... this is a small but friendly forum.. .so it's nice to have you on board!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  19. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Beyond being an emotional statement that is made to show affection, my reasoning for telling my wife that I love her on many occasions during the day is simply a sort of short hand for “I’m thinking of you” in a positive manner.

I tell her before I leave the house because I am extremely aware of the fact that things happen and it might be the last time I can tell her. The same goes before we go to sleep because I may not wake up.
    I would rather her last memory of me was that I professed my love for her rather than breaking the promise of “see ya later”.
    I may be simply looking at her and thinking some fond thought and I want to let her into that world as one of the things that drives me foreword.

To me, there is no time or place that isn’t appropriate for a small three word affirmation which might help my lady to feel more secure and much needed. If I’m too repetitious, so be it, but the opposite or even a once in a while just seems to give so much more room for doubt or a distancing that so many couples suffer from.

We may sit in the same room and say nothing to each other for hours but every now and then when I look at her, I tell her I love her because.......I simply do.

20. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

awww that's just lovely @Bobby Cole . You're both blessed to have found each other in this huge world of possibilities...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  21. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

I tell my wife she's a twit at least a couple of times a day. That's code for "I love you."

Shirley Martin and Bobby Cole like this.
  22. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Is that equivalent to dingbat?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  23. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Yeah, I would say a twit and a dingbat are roughly equivalent.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  24. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, but Never to be confused with a twinkie who has some markings that twits possess but are still in a classification of their own. The sideways tilt of the head and a remarkable affinity to pom poms are dead giveaways for the dreaded twinkie.

That said, even twinkies need someone to tell them they are loved if even for a few minutes or so. i.e. The quarterback, halfback, captain of the team ..............

Nancy Hart likes this.
  25. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Active Member
    Registered

Yes, always let your spouse know that you love them in actions and words. If you don't, you'll be wishing you had after they're gone. My husband has been gone 5 years and I wish I could tell him that again and I know I told him some and showed him! I still wish I could tell him today!

Bobby Cole likes this.