I Smell A Rat On My Perfumed Tp.

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Marie Mallery, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

WHY did they start putting scented crap on my toilet tissue that burns my nose?
    And after the run on TP a year or more ago. Was the point to get rid of all the TP so they could infect it with some kind of nose burning breath taking crapola to agitate us even in the rest room?

Think about it ! Who needs scented TP and what for? I just threw away 150 dadblame kitchen garbage bags that had a smell so poweful you couldn't stand it even as far away as in the living room.:eek::mad:. Now I have go and sniff all the damn garbage bags and TP in the store to find one that isn't infected with this crap.:( I have to wash my hands TWICE to rid them of the putrid perfume ordor.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

I suspect perfume-like odors have been added to pesticides and fumigants used nearly universally on products of various kinds, especially those from China. New clothing seems to be often so-treated.

Frank

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

I know like my plastic 100% cotton dress.We have a bidet we use sometimes but still need to dry.
    My goodness its getting to the point we question everything.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Gee, now I feel bad for calling the manager for that weird lady in the TP aisle.

oops.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I forgive you this time. Also I'm taking my life into my own hands sniffing all those germs from people touching the stuff.
    I didn't see any signs saying "no sniffing the Tp".I know we aren't suppose to squeeze the Charman though,but nothing about sniffing.:D

6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

What brand is it so we know what to avoid?

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Angel Soft and Charmen ultra soft. I didn't feel like sniffing the others again today.I don't even have to squeeze the Charmon to sniff it either ,it so darn strong .

Bobby Cole and Ed Wilson like this.
  8. John Brunner

:D

But on a serious note, none of that stuff can be good for you. And as you said, not only is it unnecessary, but it's being applied to our most sensitive areas. As an aside...if you've been experiencing issues with a plugged sewer line, stop using the Charmin.

Do the shake test:

-Get some jars with lids.
    -Put a few sheets of Charmin in one jar, a few sheets of Angel Soft (or something else) in one jar, and a few sheets of Scott Comfort Plus in one jar.
    -Fill each 2/3 with water, put on the lids, shake, let them sit.

The Scott will dissolve pretty quickly into tiny snowflakes, dunno what the Angel Soft will do, and the Charmin will glob together like paper maché and never dissolve one tiny little bit, even if you let it sit for days/weeks/months. I tested Cottonelle...it does not dissolve into snowflakes as Scott does, but it sufficiently breaks apart so as to be safe. Other Scott flavors did as well as the Comfort Plus, but the Scott Comfort Plus has the most "heft" to it so it's not as far from the thick, pillowy Charmin (which is why we like Charmin, huh?)

For the longest time I exclusively used Charmin. I was having issues with my sewer line plugging up pretty often. One plumber blamed my it on my cast sewer pipe and said it needed to be replaced. The most recent time, I could not find a plumber to come out and snake it at a price I was willing to pay, so I bought a sewer snake at Lowes (one of those basic metal bands with a point on the end) and did it myself. I popped the lid off of my septic tank, shoved the snake up the pipe and dug out a solid plug of Charmin. I then realized what the repeated problem had been. That's when I did the dissolve test, and switched to Scott Comfort Plus. That was a few years ago and I've not had a problem since. I also noticed when I popped the lid off of my septic tank that solid wads of undissolved Charmin were floating in it. They had been in there for months and perhaps years. That is not good for the system.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Who picks out the scents for commercial items?!? Mostly I think of baby diapers. That is not a smell that is better than the smell it is trying to cover up. And Dreft laundry detergent. YUK. There is a deodorant the smell of which will make me leave the room!

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks for the warning although we won't be using it anymore anyway because of the smell.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I know most of my friends and fsmily likes Gain and maybe its ok now don't know because I haven't used it in years since it was scented.
    I can't imagine why they do this especially to baby products.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery ..your post made even my hubby laugh out loud. Funny and true.
    I just buy Walmart brand or one or two of brands..no scent that i can tell. I insist on two ply which ever one has the most sheets.
    I cringe at all the extra stuff nowadays they think we need in the wash.I even use a bath soap that is marvelous and the scent it claims to have is very faint. It lasts a long time also..I buy at Dollar Tree for years.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

We use the off brands too Clear All .I do like high price cologn'spl' but only a couple of those in past couple decades that too has changed.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  14. John Brunner

I mostly use Ivory bar soap and interchange it with a Castille soap (it's supposed to have olive oil in it, but who really knows?)

I've seen some people say they put shavings of Irish Spring around their gardens to keep the deer away. I can understand why that works.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

LOL me too. In the winter mice start to come into the house maybe it would detere them too? So far we use traps.

John Brunner likes this.