I Shouldn't Be Surprised But I Was

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Von Jones, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I usually do my errands early on Saturday morning but I didn't get the chance. I needed to deposit money in my account and decided to use the ATM at the drive thru. I pulled in and was looking for the envelops and there wasn't any. I sat there puzzled thinking 'What the heck? How am I going to make this deposit?' Well I didn't think to look or read the machine but when I did I was dumbfounded at what I discovered.

This ATM now accepts cash and checks without having to fill out the deposit envelop. Uh...o_O.

After making several attempts to 'get it right' a line had formed behind me so I was considerate and pulled out and went around becoming the fifth car in line.:oops: I think the frustration aggitated (sp) the shingles because the pain became very uncomfortable. Anyway I managed to make my deposit.

On my way home I thought it has been years since I've used an ATM because I do all of my banking online and only stand in front of a teller when it's necessary.

I'm not so sure I would want to do that again because the setting has all the opportunity of being robbed, or robbed and carjacked. I might even mention my concern to management there.

So this is what technology has brought us to, Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you get a receipt for the deposit? I simply do not trust deposits through a machine. I want a person to do it and a receipt.

Nor do I trust that deposit through taking a picture of a cheque.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never used an ATM - don't trust them or the crooks that hang around them

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes, got the receipt.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The TV over here is always showing commercials about just swiping the check you want to deposit on your Iphone (I guess) so you don't even have to go to the bank or an ATM machine to make a deposit anymore. I know my daughter in Texas does the check deposits through her phone. That's just a little to advanced for me. :)

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess online and mobile banking has become the norm.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think for a lot of people it has. Since our SS checks are direct deposited I do some online banking and bill paying too and it is convenient since I don't like running the roads that much. :) My Honey is the one who runs to the Bank for us both and I am thankful for that.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If not for the fact that we use the notary public at one of our banks, it would have been years since I have been inside of a bank.

Von Jones likes this.