I Q, What Happened ?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

After watching some interviews like what Mark Dice dose and others. Are the people really getting that stupid even some interviews at universities the children/adults seem clueless.
    I done a search of falling QI scores only to find yes in the Americas they are even CNN covered it https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/13/health/falling-iq-scores-study-intl/index.html
    If you take the average IQ you could say it is lower because the average would have to take in the immigrants who have a lower IQ bringing down the average.
    That does not explain that the children of Americans who have been here for many generations is also going down.
    The research is saying the population in North America is being dumb down. What would cause that it seems more likely environmental than genetic.
    A quick search for Harvard study lower IQ in children exposed to fluoride will bring up many Medias who have published it Huffpost and many more showing that fluoride is bad.
    It makes you wonder if you want a child with a tooth cavetti or one that was smart it is your choice.
    The second problem is how do you make the choice when they put it in almost every tooth paste the water supply and in this country it is in the salt.
    You would think these is a conspiracy of dumbing us down but it is not a conspiracy it is happening.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Martin Alonzo, I think lifestyle and education is more responsible for falling IQ than fluoride or immigration. Many immigrants are very smart, probably brighter than many born here. I think electronics are partly responsible too. I was known decades ago that the brain is more active when one is idle than when watching television. I think that has been confirmed with PET scans. For some reason, the brain turns off when many people watch TV, and I suspect the same applies to many other electronic activities, particularly among the young. The education systems in the U.S. has been degraded to the point of uselessness, and while our universities were fine for many years, things have degraded there as well, except in the very elite private schools.

3. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that it is a simple case of lowering our standards/expectations when it comes to education and many other areas of our daily life.

4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

When I said immigrants if you look at the IQ map if people came in from most countries except china or Japan the average IQ would go down. But I was not referring to that I was saying that if we know something is going to decrease our IQ would it not be a good idea to stop the people from dumbing us down. I was going on research and not just my idea. world-IQ-map-becker-2018.png

5. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo, the idea smacks of some creepy form of social engineering to me. After we eliminate immigration the next step will be to eliminate people from other states, or people with disabilities to create a super-intelligent master race with an extremely high IQ.

Bobby Cole and Harry Havens like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The worth of a person is not measured by their IQ.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never been convinced of the accuracy of IQ testing or assured of the value of such a test.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Me either. The questions often become outdated as times change. And it would be difficult to have IQ tests that are consistent and comparable for countries all across the world, with different cultures, economies, etc.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think there might be a mix-up somewhere between knowledge already obtained and retained versus the ability to obtain and retain knowledge.
    All a psychologist administered IQ test measures is someone’s ability to reason, use logic and retain given information and how quickly the information is assimilated and can be used.

A person can be from the darkest and most remote area on the earth and still score a 150+ on an IQ test.
    No, he or she cannot operate a computer but definitely can learn to do it in a shorter period of time than someone who is on an equal footing but has an average IQ.

Certainly, there are a few ways to slow down memory functions as well as the brain’s ability to find connections for that memory and use it in a cognitive manner. (Maybe that’s the whole crux of the matter)
    A person can also be taught some misinformation which would temporarily make a person with a high IQ faulter but that person’s ability to logically weed out the good from the bad should be so keen as to put an end to those things that do not seem reasonable.

Now, are all people with high IQ’s smart at everything they do? No! Some are great at math but cannot tie their own shoes correctly or like my X-wife, study for a PhD at the age of 17 in genetics but cannot figure out how to manage a few coupons at a grocery store on double coupon day.

I guess what I am trying to write here is that just because someone hasn’t had the wherewithal to obtain more technical information doesn’t mean they have a low IQ. It just makes them ignorant.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I don’t know if this belongs in conspiracy or health
    In the prison camps in Germany they put fluoride in the water were they worried about dental health or something else. They also fluorinated all the drinking water of concord lands. After the war the German scientist and doctors moved into other places. Under operation paper clip they were brought into the US. After that there was a real campaign to fluoridate the water supply and also adding it to tooth paste. This was to save children’s teeth if that is true why is it in all tooth paste not just children’s Sodium Fluoride was used for years to kill rats as it is a poison. In this country [DR] it is even in the table salt. This was used by the Germans to make the population docile and stupid. You might think that is a conspiracy but here is medical research to prove it is not.

Fluoride Exposure in Early Life as the Possible Root Cause of Disease In Later Life.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29763350

Prenatal fluoride exposure and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms in children at 6-12 years of age in Mexico City.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30316181

Blood is thicker than water: Flaws in a National Toxicology Program study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30396472

Fluoride activates microglia, secretes inflammatory factors and influences synaptic neuron plasticity in the hippocampus of rats.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30273629

Fluoride exposure and reported learning disability diagnosis among Canadian children: Implications for community water fluoridation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28910243

Harvard Study: Fluoride Lowers Children’s Intelligence By 7 IQ Points

https://www.globalresearch.ca/harva...childrens-intelligence-by-7-iq-points/5368216

Warning on your tooth paste.

WARNING
    Keep out of the reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for bushing, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. As with other toothpaste, if irritation occurs discontinue use.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Good citations, @Martin Alonzo. While I have not seen any cognitive impairment from low levels of fluoride in children, I do question the effectiveness of sodium fluoride. It is now used in most applications since it is cheap and, as a toxic waste product of industrial manufacturing, it would cost great sums to dispose of it at a toxic waste dump, so the manufacturers can get rid of the stuff and make money in the process by putting it into toothpaste. It is a necessary nutrient and occurs naturally in many water systems, particularly in the western U.S. where toxic levels sometimes have to be removed form the water. The real problem(s) are Fluorosis (which was addressed in some of your citations, due to over-consumption of prepared foods containing fluoride in addition to municipal water drinking water. It does increase the likelihood of osteoporosis symptoms and broken bones, particularly hips, in the elderly in areas whose water systems have been fluoridated. Much of the original research was done on stannous (tin) fluoride. There is also a link between cancer, particularly breast cancer, and halogens (chlorine and fluorine) in the drinking water. I don't believe Europe uses chlorine in the water any more for that reason. In the U.S., however, the use of halogens in water is widespread.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Don you say you have not seen it? Have you watch anyone interviewing of students outside their universities, and they are the ones we expect to run the world, when they cannot even find their country on a map.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Oh, I have seen the dumbing down, but I have been unable to link it to the fluoride in the water. I think it is mostly the deficiencies in the educational systems and the agenda-driven training.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Where does stupidity start?? They are having problems in the school from the first grade. I don't know it we can blame it all on fluoride. But what straw was it that broke the camels back?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a list of the countries who do fluoridate their water or have higher than normal naturally occurring fluoride in their water .

https://fluoridealert.org/content/bfs-2012/

Our water supplier here doesn't add fluoride to our water..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019