I Predict Massive Election Fraud This November

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Peter Renfro

Registered

4. Dwight Ward

Registered

I stand corrected, Peter. I was not familiar with the site as satire.

If you guys keep showing me up as wrong all the time I'm going to stick to the Pets and Critters topic. Then you'll be sorry.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Another attack Pete? I am nothing like a gossipy old lady and if you can’t spot a couple of people having a little fun then you really need to get out more.

Now, about the drinking, If you do a little more referencing, you’ll find that the very church her daughter was married in tossed her out for having a water bottle filled with vodka [that she accidentally spilled] during a regular service.
    For every one of the rag, politifact articles you have denying Pelosi’s habit, I can find at least 5 in 5 minutes that refute that.

And, if you feel yourself to be a “libtard” and or “triggered”, maybe it’s time to re-evaluate yourself. I have never, and I do mean NEVER, referred to anyone with a slang name instead of who they actually are. A liberal is a liberal, Obama is Obama, Trump is Trump and so on.
    Seems to me that that’s your game.....not mine.

Tom Galty and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Peter Renfro

Registered

Bobby please shoot me a few links that support your position. I would love to read them investigate the source and then do some back walking if necessary

Dwight Ward likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You have a computer or a tablet or a cell phone or whatever. Do the research.

8. Peter Renfro

Registered

I did the research Bob, the onus is on you to prove your contention! Don't you think you should be able to back up your statement?
    I gave you a link to check. What are you giving me besides hot air? It is really damn hard to have a discussion when one party refuses to validate his belief. That is what you're going on is belief, correct? I mean you haven't shown a single fact!:(

9. Dwight Ward

Registered

I want to fuss at both of you a little. Peter, no one is going to be able to 'prove' his point. We can cite various articles. They might .be evidence but not 'proof'. Proof can hardly be obtained on the internet about much of anything. Most or all of the opinion (and so-called fact ) we see is biased one way or another.
    Bobby, you really should have provided some backup for your position.

So, I've put my foot in my mouth once again. Tell me to mind my own business. I don't mind.

10. Peter Renfro

Registered

Citing a reputable news organization is just a bit better than because I said so isn't it! What level are you looking for preponderance of evidence, reasonable doubt,beyond a shadow of a doubt?
    This is the fricken interweb for cripes sake. I don't post much of anything that I do not have a citation which at least carries the preponderance.
    Dwight,Why should I not expect someone to back their groundless assertions. Do you stand in a conversation with someone that is spewing unsubstantiated nonsense and nod your head in agreement?
    I have too much respect for myself as a human being to let anyone treat me the fool.
    I don't have a lot of friends,but the ones I have don't bullshit me nor I them.
    Honesty and truth used to be considered virtues, I must have missed the memo that changed all that. I guess the standard now is "Let's fling it at the wall, and we'll go with whatever sticks."
    Not I now or ever!

11. Dwight Ward

Registered

Geez, calm down a bit.
    Citing a reputable news organization is just a bit better than because I said so isn't it! What level are you looking for preponderance of evidence, reasonable doubt,beyond a shadow of a doubt?
    Perhaps.I shouldn't have fastened on your use of the word 'proof'. Of course citing evidence is better than just saying 'I said so'. Where we might differ is on what is a 'reputable' news source. I'm seeing the internet degrade, right before my eyes, into nonsensical partisan bickering. MSN news sources are not exempt.

This is the fricken interweb for cripes sake. I don't post much of anything that I do not have a citation which at least carries the preponderance.
    My comments above apply here.

Dwight,Why should I not expect someone to back their groundless assertions. Do you stand in a conversation with someone that is spewing unsubstantiated nonsense and nod your head in agreement?
    I don't and you know I don't. We're all doing our best to get to some kind of truth, are we not? I am and I believe you are.

I have too much respect for myself as a human being to let anyone treat me the fool.
    I agree with your stance.

I don't have a lot of friends,but the ones I have don't bullshit me nor I them.
    My own friends have become 'challenged' by my refusal to paint pretty pictures of the world. They just don't want to know.

Honesty and truth used to be considered virtues, I must have missed the memo that changed all that. I guess the standard now is "Let's fling it at the wall, and we'll go with whatever sticks."
    Not I now or ever!

That's an admirable position which I share, but we must realize we deal with people, most of whom find reality way too harsh. Go placidly amidst the noise and haste. Speak your truth softly. Or something like that. Where's that from? My aged brain contains too many bits and pieces of this and that. I like you, Peter, and consider your opinions important. A lot of people here have a better capacity than myself for getting down to the depths of an argument. You're one of them. My limited mind keeps me more on the surface of things. I'm doing the best I can, like most everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The problem with that is that liberals tend to consider anything that doesn't carry water for the liberal agenda as disreputable, and the only experts who are to be believed are those who are willing to say whatever they need in order to advance the progressive agenda, while all others are discredited in their eyes.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Desiderata, @Dwight Ward ...... always one of my favorites, too.

10062199-AEB4-45C0-9FAC-03C997CBF243.jpeg

Dwight Ward likes this.
  14. Dwight Ward

Registered

I couldn't read the text from your picture so I found it on the web. I was maybe 18 when I first read it. Reading it again some fifty years later brought tears to my eyes. It all applies to life but this struck me.
    "But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness."

I'm tired and lonely and distress myself, exactly as written. I need to do better.
    I'm a little upset at myself for revealing too.many personal parts of my life here - my illness, my checkered history, my philosophical worldview, etc. I don't see other people doing that and I've become embarassed over it. I have no other outlet, for one thing. I'm not that egotistical a person that I think anyone should be concerned about my life details. All in all, I find you folks to be very kind. I will try to stick to the issues in the future and leave out my personal failings.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't fret about that, Dwight. We all like to share little bits of ourselves; it makes for a bit of camaraderie in this old world. If you read some posts in the Diary section or the Health section, there's plenty of information sharing going on. :D I'd venture to say that not a single soul here believes you to be egotistical at all.

And I must have missed the "checkered history," so I need to snoop around your posts in case I missed anything juicy!! :D :p

Yvonne Smith and Al Amoling like this.