I May Become Boring....

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Health & Wellness may become one of the most-utilized here, by me, as it can include technical details which are of the essence of my existence, actually. I hope that's not too "stuffy". The everyday ballyhoo just does not move me to become interested. Well, that's how it is. Hopefully, some of my Health thoughts will prove valuable to our members.
    I am especially interested in the existence of global pollution of the environment by synthetic chemicals, many of which the human body mistakes for usual human hormones. These are called "hormone-mimicking" or "estrogen mimicking" agents, and are also called more formally, "Endocrine Interruptors".
    To name a few: DDT, 2,4,D, Dioxin, PCBs, many chlorinated pesticides and herbicides, just to throw out a few off the top of my head.
    There have been identified over 100,000 synthetic chemicals which have been sold and used, world-wide, which are either known, or suspected, endocrine interrupters, or disruptors.
    So What?
    They are not toxic, not poisonous. So, why worry about it. These materials have been used so pervasively worldwide, that many are found through blood samplings in over 99% of the Earth's human beings. Why worry? Because the stuff is taken up by the human body out of foods we eat, and stored in bodily fatty tissues, for use at a later time, when, or if, the body becomes slightly deficient in that particular enzyme. Which one? Most closely resemble, chemically, ESTROGEN, the basic female hormone.
    Eminent Scientists and researchers have studied the thesis I'm writing here for about 10 or 20 years now. The concensus seems to be that too much estrogen-mimicking chemicals stored in the average human body are to blame in part for the OBESITY EPIDEMIC being seen.
    Aside from that, these hormone-mimicking chemicals, stored in human body fatty tissues, are administered directly to our children via breast milk. So, the real concern, hypothesized, is not for our current population, but rather future generations. Breast-feeding mothers pass this stuff on to their children. It then resides in the childrens' fatty tissues, to be passed along to the next generation.
    What the long-term result will be is unknown. I don't like this at all. FS

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, you are very technical in this topic. I don't know what to say because our motto is to enjoy life. And how could we enjoy life if I know all those details that you mentioned. When I look outside the house, my mind might be wondering how many particulates are there in the air that I breath. And that obesity, ouch, hahahaaah, that's one of my problems, losing weight has been my nemesis for years.

As what my husband always say, we will die sooner or later so we should not worry much about our health. Enjoy life because worrying will only make us unhealthy. No offense, just my thoughts.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with both Frank and Corie. We need to protect our environment and eliminate the use of things that will harm our future generations as much as possible, but we can't afford to be so obsessed with it that it takes over our lives. As Corie says....enjoy life.

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with your husband, @Corie Henson ... well, to a certain degree. I do think we need to have a concern about our health, just not an obsession. I believe there's a big difference. Yes, we'll all die, but bad choices now could make that happen at 50 or 60 instead of 85 or 90, so it's a consideration.

I can make sure that I eat salad instead of candy and chips for lunch, but I shouldn't go outside and freak out about what chemicals I might be breathing in... wouldn't that be OCD on a very severe level?

And you are so very right about it harming us if there's too much worry and anxiety. A healthy respect for our health and well-being, good thing. An obsession that everything in life is damaging us, not good thing.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Mari North, my husband's inspiration is his great uncle who is 102 years old. I had posted already about him but let me repeat that he eats anything as long as he liked the taste of the food. Worse for the health buff, that old man still smokes and he smokes a lot. Those who do not know him wouldn't believe his age for he looks and acts like a 70-year old. And he joins conversations sensibly. His only issue is his hearing although his hearing aid serves him well.

As what my husband would say, what good is life if we are not living anymore. Surviving is not the way to live.