I Just Ordered A Case Of Mystery Wine

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

How can I go wrong for $110.00 delivered to my door. I did this a couple years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I will be getting a mix of red and white wines of Italian, Spanish, South African, Brazilian, Australian, American origin. Salud!!

Lois Winters and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

I hope they are decent ones Lon. I cannot drink wine as the sulfides do me in and I am unable to breathe. Sad as I know so many people enjoy a glass of wine with their meals. I do cook with good wine though. I am always using my son's and asks my to buy something cheap or a cooking wine. Cooking Wine????? I asked him if he had lost his mind. Mother does not cook with cooking sherry or whatever. I am much more refined that that.:confused:

Al Amoling likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Neither wife nor I have ever been "wine connoisseur" types. Beer (Bud Light), Bloody Mary, Margarita are generally our drinks. Wife does enjoy a good Pina Colada sometimes at a nice steakhouse.

Only kind of wine I really ever drank was Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill...….really.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

Just had my first wine out of a can from a South African Winery called Lubanzi. What a surprise. I was not expecting great things and was pleasantly surprised with this tasty red.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If I were to take up drinking, it would probably be wine. I've tasted a few red wines that were very good, although I didn't care for any of the white wines I've tried; there were only a couple. For someone who likes wine, I can surely see the interest of being able to sample different wines from around the world.

Lois Winters and Frank Sanoica like this.