I Just Got A Strange Spam Call

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Chrissy Cross, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a iPad @Chrissy Cross and I've never had a call from Apple ,I find their customer service excellent
    I got a scam call from a lady claiming she was from a charity and wanted me to answer yes or no to questions she was going to,ask me ...I hung up ...I've mentioned before hubby loves playing games with the Taxation department scammers ...he tells the, his name is Jack Schitt ..brother to Don't give a ..

When I say that's my mother she passed away 40 years ago

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I also have an iPad and this was my first call from a scammer with A phone number that was identical to the legit store here in Fresno.

I'm a real skeptic and don't believe anything but after I checked the phone number this one almost had me and I thought maybe my iCloud was hacked.

3. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is done by caller ID Spoofing. They may be calling from another country but use their computers to spoof real numbers so people will fall for their tricks easier. They have called my home phone and the caller ID shows my phone number. It looks like I'm getting a call from myself. I just turned around and blocked my own phone number on my blocking device I use and if they try it again, they will hear nothing but the phone ringing and I won't hear a thing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

I've gotten 'phishing' calls and E mails from banks,pay-pal, Microsoft, credit companies, and a dozen others that NEVER e mail or call. Ignore-ignore ignore.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I did ....seems that call was popular that day in my neighborhood. Saw a lot of references to it in my neighborhood app.