I Have A Big Support Group

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in a age restricted (55+) very nice apartment complex. http://www.westwoodbluffs.com/

I have lived here for almost three years. Lisa the manager is a super Lady and I believe she knows the personal history of all the residents. In fact, I told her she she should write a book. I nod, wave and say Hi or Hello to other residents, but avoid conversation due to my severe hearing loss, as a result, some thought I was pretty stand offish. I can talk with Lisa some what because her tonal & frequency plus my lip reading aids some what. At any rate it seems like everyone knows that I will be getting a COCHLEAR IMPLANT and I have received notes in my mail box and under my door wishing me well and saying they look forward to a conversation. I really appreciate that. I have also joined a On Line Support Group for people that have COCHLEAR IMPLANTS. Many of my questions and concerns have been answered by this international group.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Brilliant news @Lon Tanner , I do hope your quality of life with others improves greatly after you implants.

It sounds like now, your neighbours realise that you're probably a very nice guy and not stuck up after all...

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

It's nice that you have found the online support group. There is a lot of help online.

As far as people thinking you may have been standoffish, it's always sad when people make assumptions without really knowing.