I Have A Baby

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Shirley Martin, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a coincidence that y'all replied to this thread. I was just going to start one asking for advice.

Miki has never had any puppy shots, She was so tiny that the vet and I agreed to wait until she was older. I know that state law requires a rabies shot but I am wondering about all the other puppy shots. She never goes outside so I'm wondering if she needs anything but the rabies. I have always given my other dogs all the shots because they did go in and out. I've been looking online for advice and have gotten different opinions.

My question, what shots do y'all give your dogs? Do you think I should give her all the shots?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

When I first got Pickles I gave him all the vet said I should ...did that for a few years but now it's just rabies.

He only goes out to pee and poop in the backyard.

He's 9 and hasn't had any problems so far...

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh @Shirley Martin , Miki is a lovely little girl, and she has beautiful markings. Looks like you are going to have a very close relationship. I have always had dogs, and a couple of cats, but my relationship with Izzy is the closest I've ever had with any animal.

Izzy was a sickly little guy as a pup, and then at seven months he had to start the first of three cataract surgeries. So I too worried about just what was necessary, and what was not. Izzy does go outside to do his business, and he goes where ever I go.

When I discussed it with the vet he reminded me that even if Izzy wasn't outside much, he could still pick up any of a number of conditions from just about anywhere. He said that the puppy shots were the most important because that is when they are most susceptible to catching conditions that could be life threatening. So I made sure Izzy had all his shots. I think their were three.

@Yvonne Smith knows much more than I do concerning puppy care, as she use to raise small dogs.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I rigged up a Redneck Ramp for Miki so she could see out the door.

Miki redneck ramp.jpg

I think my son felt sorry for her. He made this fancy new ramp for her Christmas present.

Miki ramp 2.jpg

5. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

She's not at all spoiled is she!:)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Did I tell you that my daughters' chihuahua does the same thing Shirley, stays curled up on her office chair at all times. Daughter has to sit forward so pixie can get all the room...