I Hate My New Eye Glasses

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you talking to me, Ed? The earpieces on the titanium glasses touched the sides of my head, but I can't stand anything "pressing firmly." I can't even wear a barrette in my hair without getting a headache. o_O The biggest issue with those metal frames was the nose pieces, which make dents in my nose and hurt. I have retreated back to molded plastic frames and I hope they will be wearable.

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Molded plastic frames for me. Discussing this makes me regret not getting the corrective lens after cataract surgery, but I remember why. It was $2000 that I couldn't spare back then.

Beth Gallagher and Von Jones like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bumping this old thread. I just received a pair of Rx sunglasses from an online site, "glassesUSA.com" and I'm actually happy with them. Also the local optometrist called and said my regular glasses are ready for pickup so I'll go get them in a little while. This time they had a pair of titanium frames with the molded nosepiece so hopefully they won't be a disappointment.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh I have been buying glasses since my later 20's and really like my frames and my last ones for reading and distance are over 10yrs and no changes in the prescriptions....I also take a great eye support group of supplements and my eyes seem to be good at my close to 84. I was one of the got to eye doc every 2 year person but for the last 10+ yrs, don't follow that one. My eyes are good and my frames are fine.

Over the years too I have purchased all kinds of sunglasses from high priced to lower priced and started buy the flip on's to go over my glasses which work just fine.