I Don't Want Illegals Here!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Silvia Benoit, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Silvia, I found your statement to be overtly classist with a strong under current of racism. You had the freedom to state your opinion, I used mine to state my opinion of your statement.
    If you are referring to our first amendment, it does not have any application here.

Once again I do not want undocumented foreigners here either. How about if we heavily penalize any that would employ them with massive crippling fines and criminal charges? Once they send word back that it is an empty journey they will stop coming. How about we severely restrict the amount of money that gets wired across the borders each day. We can stop the rotation of villages that cycle through our farms each year supporting families to the south.

Actually I would much rather have a family that walked 3000 miles into the great unknown for neighbors than an American small business man that exploits his workers and our tax dollars by not paying a living wage!

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If you take just a small look at the stats, not all the folks coming across the border are brown skinned so that race card you’re playing is without merit.
    Although the majority are Latinos, we have Asians, Anglos, Africans (Caucasian, Black and Olive skinned) and every skin color in between are managing to find their way across the southern border.

Think before you write and please do not be so quick with that race card like your buddies on the left.

Edit: Peter, an I-9 form is mandatory for all people seeking employment in the U.S. Something like a $5000 fine per employee is implemented against an employer who hires without the necessary identification to fill out the I-9.
    Which to me, is stupid. If it is called racism and repression to require voter I.D. then it is equally as oppressive to demand an employee have 2 forms of I.D. to get a job.

A whole bunch of American citizens are kept homeless for the lack of proper I.D. yet, the employers who do hire undocumented illegal workers somehow slip through the cracks.
    Maybe our present President can look into that huh?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Agree.

Talk of immigration always makes me think of migration in the US during the Depression. Where people moved to the cities to find jobs in factories. Many of my relatives, and relatives of friends, were these people.

There was a noticeable difference in attitude between those who moved, and those who chose to stay behind. Ninety years ago, it took a degree of ambition and self-confidence to pull up and leave your home, even just within the US. Of course there are always exceptions, but I think they were the minority.

Peter Renfro likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Migration within the borders of your own country is totally legal. Breaching the border is not.

5. Peter Renfro

Registered

Bob,You knocked on the wrong door when you came to me about voter ID. I see nothing at all wrong with it at all, providing that it be easily attainable, with common forms of ID OR sworn affidavit. Issued free of any charge, launched with massive outreach program. If we can mobilize for the census we can for the vote.
    Problem is that there are several states that have been censured in the past which have decided that it takes extraordinary documentation, rather than the common to establish residency.

I am not in lock step with the "leaders", I don't have a "leader" There is a side I take, because there are only two sides in America. Doesn't mean my choice is gospel. I come down on the side of caring ,charity,and well fare of the down trodden every time.

Way I see it, progressives are looking to cure the disease, while conservatives want to treat symptoms.

D'Ellyn Dottir and Ken Anderson like this.
  6. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Peter,

Dear member......in the same way you exercise the right to call me whatever you want I have the same right to estate my opinion on immigration...and, dear, freedom of speech applies here and in any place I am.
    The fact you wish to see racism where is none is your privilege. Personally, it makes no difference to me.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Nancy,

But "migration" (moving within your country) is perfectly legal....Crossing the country's border/s without the proper permission is not.
    USA is not the European Community.

8. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Cody

And disagreeing is part of learning...is the chance to see all sides of a given subject , which for different reason, may have escaped to either person. Disagreeing with respect and with the whole intention of finding a solution beneficial to all is the best way to go.

Hugsssssssss, Cody.

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, let the ones come in that will get proper documents to work/stay and make sure they keep those documents up-to-date and/or become U.S. citizens.

Now, possibly an even bigger question is: Just what do we do with those that don't wish to learn English and those that allow them to continue to speak their language and are fine with that. When I lived in So. California/Orange County, I stopped into a Chief Auto Parts store. Each isle had a sign, hanging from the ceiling, with what items were in that isle. Thing is, the information was in Spanish, American and Vietnamese.

In Little Saigon, part of Garden Grove, Calif., part of the Garden Grove P.D. is Vietnamese and speak both Vietnamese and American. In Santa Ana, Calif., there is a very large population of Mexican people. Part of the P.D. is the same way.........speaks Spanish and American.

Now this: When we lived in Jacksonville, FL., there was a rapidly growing population of people from India. Now, what sort of shocked me, many speak both English and their native tongue. Native tongue at home and around other Indians and English at work or other places where English, not Indian, is spoken. They don't have to be forced into learning English, of which is a good thing.

10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Just focusing on this part of your post.

There are many different languages spoken in India, depending on what region you live. Children in India are taught at least 2 languages in school---English and the language of their region. English is helpful even to speak to other Indians.

Other countries you speak of may have only one native language, so there is not as much incentive to learn a second language.

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The new President wants to cut the funds for completing our Wall. What kind of "unity" will this bring?

Opening our southern border will welcome immigrants from South America, and among them will be carriers of disease and drug dealers and users as well other criminal types.

No, we don't the "wretched refuse" from your teeming shore!

Hal

12. Peter Renfro

Registered

And among our ranks will be racists, far right terrorist, Q anon adherents ,and white supremacist's. What's your point?

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

My point is to stop all those "huddled masses yearning to breath free".

That poem by Emma Lazarus on the 1903 plaque on the base of the Statue of Liberty was fine over a century ago, but no more!

Hal

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My comparison between the I-9 and voter I.D. was just that, a comparison but I’m happy that we’re both on the same page with the voter I.D. thing.

As I have written a few times on this forum (and others) is that the American Citizen is hampered by the labor laws whilst the law looks away when illegals are in the mix.
    As many restaurants and construction sites as I have been on in my adult life, not once have I heard of anyone getting fined $5K per person for illegals who were hired without the ability to sign an I-9 form.
    But yet, a person who is obviously a citizen can’t get a job without having the ability to sign that derned form which is why I started a drive in Seattle to help the homeless get the necessary identification they need to get a job.
    Heck, even most rescue missions require and I.D. to get a shower and a cot for the night.

The bottom line here Pete is that the laws you are calling for exist and have existed for over 40 years or so but from what I have observed, rarely does any city or state take action unless they simply want to harass the business.
    When they (whomever “they” are) start enforcing the existing laws on ALL points regarding immigration there would be fewer people storming the borders.

As a side bar: Back during the energy crisis several years ago, the government was more interested in going from restaurant to restaurant, business to business measuring the temperature and fining them for not complying with the new laws than they have EVER been regarding illegal hiring.

15. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Cody,

1. To become an American Citizen is NOT mandatory. To be Legal Resident (Green Card holder) yes.
    2. A person over 50 y/o doesn't need to speak English to become a USA Citizen (is the law).
    3. Those who don't want to learn English (many less than what you think) is their prerogative and they would have to face the negative consequences attached such as "no as good chances to better themselves".
    4. The ones who refuse to obtain the legal status (very few) will have to face the music and hope for another amnesty before they get deported.