I Can't Believe I'm On The Train And On My Laptop Too

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) Thank you!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm home now and we made it here safely. Thanks for the prayers for safe travels. It is so good to be home with my honey and there is such peace in our home. For me there really is no place like home. :)

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Gosh, I'm reading my post above and seeing that it was almost the end of November 2016 when I made my last train ride home from my daughter's in Texas. I haven't been back to Texas since then either.

Tomorrow I will be getting back on that train and heading to Texas once again and as I printed off my ticket a short while ago I was thinking about how excited I am to not only be going to spend some time with my family over there but also to ride the train again. :)

I'm going to really enjoy this blessing of family and a ride on the train once again.:)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter just told my youngest granddaughter that I was coming to their house and she was so happy she told her mom she had to go get dressed for me. Then she came back wearing her bat girl and said that her Granny would love this outfit. What a little diva she is...just like her Moma. :) 17204217_10154177505046207_159802716_n.jpg

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so excited I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight, but I can always take a nap on the train tomorrow since I don't have to drive the train. :) I've really been missing my daughter and youngest grandbabies...and even my son-in-law who I know is going to be happy I'm coming to help them too.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My head just won't quit singing Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again".:) So excited to riding the train and going to my second home again.

My youngest daughter is the most like me. She even looks the most like me especially in my much younger days. I remember once I told her husband if he wanted to know what his wife would look like when she got old, all he had to do was take a good look at me. He did that and then he got a big smile on his face and said: "Beautiful!" ...this made both my daughter and me smile. :D I have been blessed with three wonderful son-in-laws who have always made me feel loved and respected by them. And they are all wonderful husbands and fathers as well as hard workers.

It is nice to know too that all I have to do is throw the bare necessities in my small bag and load my laptop in it's bag with a couple of good books to read and I am ready to catch the train. Everything I need clothes wise, etc. is in my room and the bathroom at my daughter's home all ready for me any time I can come and stay with them. Even my special food and drink needs are in the kitchen as my daughter called yesterday so her husband could stop at the store for anything I wanted or needed in that area.

I spoil them and they spoil me. It's a mutual admiration that brings joy to all of us.:)

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm on the train and it just our home station a few minutes ago...heading to Texas! :)

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4343.JPG
    The train stopped right out of Beaumont, TX to let a freight train go firs and these are pictures of the freight train and an moma Egret sitting on her nest, while papa is in the bush next to her making sure no one bothers her.:)

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_4350.JPG
    Rain clouds over Beaumont while people take their smoke break at the Beaumont station.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The train made it into Houston a full 45 minutes ahead of schedule today. :) I just finished wishing my granddaughter sweet dreams and in a short while I hope I will be having some too. How good it is to be with my Family in Texas once again. :)

Chrissy Cross and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Enjoy yourself @Babs Hunt , hope you have a lovely visit with the family

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

How long are you staying @Babs Hunt?

However long or short, enjoy your visit.....I know that you will of course. :)

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's that time again. Tomorrow morning my daughter will drive me to the train station in Houston so I can take the train home to Lafayette once again. I have really enjoyed getting to know my youngest grandson. The last time I was here he was two months old and now he is about six and a half months. He's a beautiful boy and as sweet as can be too. His big sister isn't to thrilled with him yet...but at least she wants to keep him now!:p

I have enjoyed my almost two weeks with the grandkids and my daughter and son-in-law and I hope we never have to go another four months between visits again. It's great to have a good relationship with your son-in-law too. I always feel so at home when I come here.

Wish we all could live in the same city again and maybe one day that will happen but for now I'm just thankful to have my time with all of them.
    IMG_4408.JPG IMG_4406.JPG

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish I could see my son and and 3 little grandsons every 4 months but it's more like twice a year. :(

Are these your youngest grands, @Babs Hunt?

They are adorable and a fun age!

How long is your train ride?

Edit: I just looked up how far Houston is from Lafayette....a good 3 hr drive by car but I'm sure by train it's longer but maybe not, if it doesn't stop a lot and I think you said only Beaumont...right?

My daughter is about that far from me, maybe just tiny bit closer...I do manage to see her at least once a month...sometimes more depending on holidays and bdays and if she needs me to babysit..well not babysit but be a responsible adult in the house while they are gone.

I live alone so it's easier for me to leave whenever I want...I know you have your hubby.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, they are both my youngest and I have a wonderful time with the two of them. :) The train ride is between 5 to 5 and a half hours. It goes by so fast with my laptop and a book or magazines to read. Tomorrow I will probably take a nap during my trip home as I woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat, and congestion, and today I have felt kind of sluggish and coughing some. I'll get home and if things get worse I will just pay a visit to my Doctor. But for now I'm pretty sure I'm just having some allergy reactions and with taking my allergy meds should clear this up in no time now that I will be going home and resting once again.

Chrissy Cross likes this.