I Am Praying For My Bubbles

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Craig Wilson, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

I know this is a late concern, just entered as a member a week ago. How is Bubbles doing, how are you doing.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Been a long time Craig, hope you continued with the buttermilk which seemed to be helping, trying something else
    may not :)

3. Micki Pembroke

Registered

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin Bubbles has regained his health and I have to say he is more chipper than before his sickness. Is now chasing my new doggie around the place and even playing ball with her.

Shirley your post reminded me of when I lost my beloved sheltie Pepsi. If I have a favorite pet it has to be him. We had such a bond probably due to the TLC I lavished on him when he became lame after my son trod on his leg when a puppy and it never completely healed.

I digress. When Pepsi was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer I was selfish and delayed his being euthanised. I begged the vet to give me one last day with the little fellar. It turned out to be the saddest day of my life. I watched as he slipped away before me.. Barely can he bark anymore nor move and only soft whines came from his throat. Later that day I decided he need suffer no more so reluctantly I made the trip to the vet to have the deed done. I bawled for the next three days. Even to this day some three years later I still tear up when I see his ashes urn and have a chat to him.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  6. Craig Wilson

Registered

7. Craig Wilson

Registered

@Micki Pembroke. Thank you for your concern and welcome aboard the forum. Have a ball.
    Bubbles is fine now. It was touch and go there for a while but the stoic little critter pulled thru. I am on top of the world that he is still with us. He and my new pup are now getting on like a house on fire (silly expression that).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is an ebook that really helped me after I had to put my beloved little Chipper to sleep, and was so totally overcome with grief. The book is called “Jack McAfghan” and I can’t remember the name of the lady tho wrote it, but it is about a beloved dog she had (part afghan hound obviously), and the story is told from the dog’s viewpoint , at least in part.
    It made me cry to even think about Chipper, and I had the book for about 2 months before I was even able to read it, but it really did help me to deal with the grief.

C111B922-5315-41E6-BD10-E0AD5E7D0DC1.jpeg

Micki Pembroke and Craig Wilson like this.
  9. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Happy Bubbles is on the ment. Playmate for Bubbles, good for both, hope they bond.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  10. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Awesome reading, i'm sure the read will help a lot sadness.