I Am Praying For My Bubbles

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Craig Wilson, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Am tearing up now hearing about Chipper.Yvonne. Another stoic little critter like my Bubbles. Yes they are family.
    Cows milk? All the vet nutritionists say never feed milk to canines.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Your pups are adorable. @Craig Swanson . I understand your worry. The picture says it was taken in 2012 so Bubbles must be getting on up in age. You really should get him to a vet as soon as possible. My dog lived to be ten years old. She had so many problems that we had to have her put to sleep. I cried, my DH cried and the vet cried. But sometimes that is the kindest thing you can do for them.

Von Jones and Craig Wilson like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know, but I have always done that, and when I had my milk goat, I gave that to puppies when they were little and I was weaning them, and they were always really healthy.
    Raw milk is MUCH different than store milk, and it has lots of nutrition and healing properties. the Mayo Clinic at one time had a whole healing therapy where they only gave their patients fresh raw milk.
    I will look for the link.
    Found it, all about raw milk:
    http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/index.html
    Link about Mayo Clinic and raw milk:
    https://www.realmilk.com/health/milk-cure/

It helped save Chipper’s life when he was dying, and for the rest of his life, he had to have his morning cream when I was having my morning coffee, so I think that he somehow knew it had helped keep him alive.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Micki Pembroke and Craig Wilson like this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Registered

The next 24 hours will determine whether Bubbles has something more serious than an infection and a fever. So not entirely out of the woods just yet. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope all goes well - thinking of you

Craig Wilson likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Any news yet, Craig ? Hoping that little Bubbles is improving by now and that the vet was able to help out.

7. Craig Wilson

Registered

There was no discernible improvement last nite. Was not interested in food despite anti-biotic and fever injections. I am so stressed have had insomnia past two nites.

8. Yvonne Smith

My mom saved a litter of puppies who had distemper by giving them buttermilk, back when I was a kid. You might try either plain kefir or buttermilk and feed him with an eye dropper like I did with Chipper.
    If you know someone who has fresh raw milk, that would be even better.
    I just gave Chipper a few eye droppers full at a time, because he was too weak to have much at once, and did it every 15 minutes or so.
    I think I probably gave him water that way, too, but maybe just the fresh milk.

Also raw honey will give him some energy and it is also healing. A tiny bit at a time, or diluted in warm water, and give it to him with the eye dropper. (The kind of eyedropper for babies is what I used because it is plastic and safer than the old fashioned glass ones.)

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

There is some improvement this morning. He has to eat.. three days now without any sustenance. I will ask vet about fresh milk, buttermilk or raw honey. He has an annual distemper and parvo virus inoculation.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Is he drinking water ?
    None of those liquids should hurt him, but asking the vet is probably a good idea. I didn’t think that he had parvo or distemper, but wanted to show that some diseases that are usually fatal can be stopped with just buttermilk.
    I remember my mom would also sour the regular milk by added a little vinegar to it, and then she fed that to sick animals if she didn’t have buttermilk.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe try some chicken or beef broth...hold the salt, or at least most of it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Craig Wilson

Registered

Yes he is drinking water. I am so grateful for your advice. If vet oks buttermilk I will buy some.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Craig Wilson

Registered

With plenty of TLC, the antibiotics & Buttermilk Bubbles is slowly being nursed back to health. Seems you telling me about Buttermilk Vyonne has been a godsend. I intend giving both my doggies regular doses of this probiotic from now on.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  14. Yvonne Smith

Oh, Craig....... I am SO HAPPY ! ! Just hearing this good news brought tears to my eyes, and i am just so happy that Bubbles is on the recovery road again. Praise the Lord !
    If you make kefir, that and yogurt are even better probiotics than the buttermilk, but there is definitely something healing about the buttermilk.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  15. Craig Wilson

Registered

You are a kind soul Yvonne Smith. Yes it is good news. Pity the two vets I consulted did not tell me about buttermilk. Evidently it is recommended prior to and after antibiotics. I applied it via his heart medicine syringe. It was easier than I envisaged. Now he almost looks forward to it. I am giving him about 9mls every two/three hours. I will look into kefir and yogurt too..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.