I Am Number Four

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sheldon Scott, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We watched this movie yesterday. Not my usual type of movie, but I enjoyed it. It's about aliens from another world trying to blend in to hide from other aliens who are after them.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll look it up Sheldon, hard to find a decent movie

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

It was some time ago that I watched that movie. I liked it too. The sci-fi genre has changed so much from aliens attacking Earth to aliens already present on Earth unknowingly until they slip up and expose themselves. I enjoy them just the same.

While on the subject of movies, I would like to share this.

It was so hot yesterday that I was exhausted from the heat outside and came inside, sat down, exhaled and close my eyes. Johnny was watching the remake of True Grit starring Jeff Bridges as 'Rooster' Cogburn. which I had seen before, no big deal. The scene was in the courthouse and Rooster was being questioned by the prosecutor. I was listening and then I heard the prosecutor asked Rooster which way was he walking backward. Rooster responded, 'I usually walk backwards when I'm walking backward.' I exploded with laughter along with the courtroom full of people. I didn't hear that before. It just goes to show you there is some good in watching or even listening to a movie you've seen before.:rolleyes:

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Von Jones likes this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched a movie one time, that sounded totally bizarre but it was really quite good. Cowboys and Aliens, it was a combination old style Western with space aliens and flying saucers thrown in. Harrison Ford was in it, and couple of other high profile actors. IT sounded at first blush like something that was totally odd, and the product of someone's overactive imagination, but it was actually quite good I thought. Another one in this venue was Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, another movie that sounds totally weird but was good.

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I had to watch Abraham Lincoln VS a couple of times because it really didn't keep my attention but I liked it but not as well as Cowboys and Aliens. That really kept my attention because of actors Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig. I thought it had a great story line and ending.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw I Am Number Four when it first came out. I remember really liking it and hoping for sequels, but I'm not sure that ever came to fruition. I would definitely watch it again.

I wasn't sure about Cowboys and Aliens, but it sounded intriguing, and wanted to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (@Von Jones is that the one you're referring to?), but haven't seen either. Now I'll put them on my mental list, since they sound as if I might enjoy them.

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I liked Cowboys and Aliens more than Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer. At the flea market a vendor was selling more recent movies on DVD and I found Cowboys and Aliens among some others. I think that day I spent more money on DVDs and blu rays than I ever had. Like the saying goes, 'Buy it now or it may not be there when you come back.'

Rachel Rodarte likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw it also but the only thing I remember is that I liked it and it's not my type of movie.

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"I Am Number Five", was in the works, It was to be written by a Fifth grade class..:rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I watched it a while ago, and liked it. Often, with books and movies, I sometimes remember only whether I liked them or not, while other books and movies remain in my head with more detail.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here, wonder why?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched the Numbrr Four movie some time ago. My teen and I both liked it. I agree that it is hard to find a decent movie.