Wonderful Apple Watch!

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

How dare you...It's Electric!

h.p.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Why so high tech?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. Apple has all the manuals on their website, https://support.apple.com/manuals/applewatch . Also, I had a Series 2 watch so I'm pretty sure I won't have any problem with the new one.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well rope my legs and call me dogie. I'm totally surprised by Fitbit customer service. I ordered the Apple watch because my Fitbit died yesterday, but today I decided to go on live chat with a Fitbit rep and gripe about the watch. After a few lame attempts to "reset" my device (which is deader than a door nail), the rep asked when and where I purchased it, then said she would send a replacement.

Well. That was easy. :D Fitness trackers for everyone!!

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Registered

Here's what our Barbie thinks of Apple Watches:
    Hal
    003.JPG

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  6. Hal Pollner

Registered

And these are the "ME TOO" types who just have to have an Apple Watch because the other sheep have 'em...
    Hal
    055.jpg

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Why are you so offensive about this, @Hal Pollner ? No one questions what you need or want , when you talk about your health, so why make fun of me (or other people) because I want a device that can track my heart rate, and help me to stay in better health ?
    When you ask for help about something with your computer (or whatever), I usually try to help you if I have any ideas that I think would help, and I do not make fun of you because of your choice of computers.

I do not have an Apple Watch because I want to be like other people, I have it because I have heart failure and need to take care of my health and the Apple Watch has the best help of any device that I can use for monitoring my heart health.
    If I did not have it, I would very likely already have died from not getting the afib treated right away, because the Apple Watch tells me when my heart is not working right.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Timex sells about 6 million watches annually and has since around 1960 so......are you going to start needing shearing fairly soon or are you going to wait until your wool gets good and fluffy?

9. Hal Pollner

Registered

As a proud Ram sheep, (only Ewes shown in picture), I'll wait until my wool gets good and fluffy!:D

10. Hal Pollner

Registered

Dear Yvonne,

I had no idea that you had a Heart Condition! If that Apple toy can give you useful medical information, then I guess it's worth having!

I apologize for not seeing your real need for the thing...I just assumed that you had to have a Pretty Polly doll because all the other Kindergarten kids had one.

Harold I. Pollner

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Note Hal. Nothing that you own, eat or do is a first. Someone did it before you and someone owned the same product you bought.
    No one at the grocery store, clothing store nor Best Buy called you a sheep because you like something and spent money on it.

To my wife, myself and others, having a high tech instrument on our wrists like an Apple watch is an asset, not a hindrance nor were they bought because “someone else is wearing one”.
    We buy them because like any tool, they’re practical and have a definite use in our lives and they are not mere toys but semi-complicated and expensive pieces of equipment.
    We do not wear them because they are pretty or have a lot of “bling” but because they have several uses and valuable ones at that.

You claim to be an engineer Hal. It’s a shame you can’t see the engineering wonder of something so small having as much capability and more of the original block long computer.

I looked at all the pictures that you have provided here and all I see is someone who brags a lot about bling but after all, I don’t see why because someone, somewhere has something exactly like you have.
    How dare you accuse someone of buying a pretty polly doll when you have a house full of them.

12. Hal Pollner

Registered

Only a Texan knows what a Dogie is...Good for you, Beth!
    Hal

Well Stated, Bobby!

My BSEE was conferred in June, 1960, from Cal State University, Long Beach,
    California. I entered the US Army 3 months later and was assigned a great duty station because of my technical education.

I'll bet there are not dozens of technically skilled people who have designed and built their own One Million Volt Van de Graaff Electrostatic Generator, Bobby... (Actual yield: 1.16 Megavolts)

Hal 158.jpg

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What is it good for? A showpiece, nothing more.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Wow. I don't know why people who have no interest in the Apple Watch even bother posting on this thread. New technology is certainly not for technophobes.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Hal Pollner

Registered

New technology can be distasteful even for those who embrace it!

Incidentally...I'm not a Technophobe...I'm a Technophile!

Harry