I Am Exhausted

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Mary Robi, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

….….we took the two little ones to the Christmas Parade today. The day started out by picking them up at 7:00 a.m. because if you don't get down there well before 7:30 a.m. for the 9 a.m. parade, you'll never get a curb seat. We were all cranky.

It was like herding cats. I WANT A BALLOON! Get balloons.....balloons get away.....I WANT ANOTHER BALLOON!!!! Followed by CANDY! CANDY! CANDY!

Between consoling the 5-year-old when candy didn't get thrown directly to her and trying to keep the 3-year-old from running under the wheels of the floats, as I said, I'm exhausted.

The 3-year-old didn't like the fire trucks' sirens, the 5-year-old was afraid of the motorcycle cops. Neither one liked the clowns or the big mascots.

I'm pretty sure I do this more for me than for them, as I have such fond memories of going to parades as a child (I still love them......I'm such a kid).

It didn't help that we had to walk a long ways from our parking spot and I'm back in the orthopedic boot again (foot has broken again).

And then it was off to the ever-popular Micky D's where they clamored for Fun Meals and then proceeded to eat half of a chicken nugget and one French fry. Ah, well, I ate the rest and had a great time with the toy.

So, tonight we're all going to a night parade. I must be insane. Naw, just a grandma. It takes a little insanity to be a good grandma, or at least a "fun" grandma.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Haha...you LOVE it! :)

3. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

Make as many memories as you can for as long as you can!

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Have fun @Mary Robi . Kids either keep you young or make you old. I'm not sure which.:D

Mary Robi likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL....you chose it...you love it really...dontcha?...sorry to hear your foot has broken again... :eek:

Bobby Cole and Mary Robi like this.
  6. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm pretty sure they can keep you young at heart and make you old in body, at the same time.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Robi ...it just hit me that you sound just like one of my favorite people on another forum....she's a funny lady and her name begins with a J...could that be you?

I hope so!

If not....I still like ya! :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  8. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Could be, could be.

Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.