Husband And Wife Relationships

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok I'll start this one off with a song for you Martian's. We Venice do crave attention not sex I'm talking right now about but companionship and attention.
    I'd like to hear about what you guys think we women need to learn and of course more women complaints too.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

Otherwise its going to be ,:D

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

OK nobody wants to play but this one is cute,so end it with that.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So is this supposed to be a bunch of videos?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't get it, but, perhaps I'm not suppose to. LOL

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was wondering that, too, and whether it should be in the music/entertainment section instead of the family section. It appears not to be an actual discussion ?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

This is why I'm not married.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

world happening.
    Only if you want it to be Beth. I just heard the song and thought about relationships and how different we are and videos are easier than writing. But guess it could be in music but I was thinking more so relationships, imo it is a rest from the more serious news and chaos going on.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't mind if you move it to music.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

I've observed before that we are communal creatures (I've gotten slammed for folks thinking I mean "Communism," and I don't) and that the way we live is antithetical to our nature.

I believe that women have needs that can only be met by spending time around other women, and the same holds true for men. The idea that we can be isolated as couples is not healthy...not for the couples, and not for the culture.

11. John Brunner

Let's not do that yet. It's an interesting topic you chose to launch from music, not to be about music.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  12. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting, John.

I have found, throughout my life, that getting together with other guys strongly triggers my alpha male traits, and that leads to conflict. I have always had a girlfriend/wife, and been fine with that, without needing to "get together with the boys" on any regular basis. My other halves, OTOH, have always seemed to like getting together with sisters, daughters, other female friends, and I like it when they do because I like, very much, my alone time.

The only regular male gatherings I've gone through involved my bands, which I was in for thirty years. Thing is, I was always a bandleader, so the dynamics were different, there. Even so, I had one physical confrontation with one sideman that led to his firing, and several heated arguments with other sides, over the years.

In Nature, I think the lone males of a given species who find females to mate with, and then move on, gives some clues to a genetic basis for what I feel in myself, to an extent, although I'm fine with long-term involvements. Females of many species do hang out together in groups for long-term safety in numbers and for assistance in raising their young. That, too, gives evidence of a genetic predisposition for that behavior. Also, in other species, the males do band together for certain extended periods of time. I don't think those genes are part of my genotype.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife and I love doing darn near everything together. No "boy's night out" or "girls night out" ever. I don't have any "buddies" and she doesn't have any girlfriends and that's fine with our marriage. Can't find anyone, our age or whatever, that have the same interests we do anyway.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I get together with my female friends and it is mostly light, supporting, a little gossip and male bashing. My husband gets together with his man friends and it is mostly work, old times and football. When I go with only a couple of my friends, Dave likes to go along so he can hear what has been happening.
    As a couple we talk more lately. I guess with losing some of our friends, it brings home that we might not be able to do that much longer.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I also disagree with this; for one thing... I hate blanket generalities such as "women have needs". Each woman is unique unto herself as is each man. We are all different, and speaking for myself, I don't have "needs that can only be met by spending time around other women." Most of my life my best friends have been men, though I do have a handful of women friends. Seems that as we all got older the need to socialize became less and less. Like @Trevalius Guyus , I am more of a loner and need my alone time.

My husband has a group of men friends who have socialized since they ran track together in high school. They get together a few times a year to get caught up with each other, argue politics, and play the board game "Risk." :D:D

As for the thread topic, my husband and I have a solid and satisfying relationship. We are both opinionated but we respect each other, which I believe is the single most important factor in any relationship. (I know he's usually wrong but I don't need to say so...haha. :p) We didn't come into this marriage thinking we'd change the other one. And, we like each other.