Humanity Enters The Age Of The Bionic Body

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Humanity Enters the Age of the Bionic Body
    [​IMG]

7 FEBRUARY, 2017

When The Six Million Dollar Man first aired in the Seventies, with its badly injured astronaut being rebuilt with machine parts, the TV show seemed a far-fetched fantasy. But fast-forward 40 years and the idea of a part-man, part-robot doesn’t seem so extraordinary after all. Just last week, it was reported that former policewoman Nicki Donnelly, 33, paralysed

from the waist down after a driver smashed into her police car, is now able to walk her daughter to school, thanks to a robotic exoskeleton that does the walking for her. And today, the Mail reveals that robotic arms controlled by thought are now being developed in Britain. Here, we look at the many ways scientists are using bionic technology to transform patients’ lives…READ MORE

I always did like the show The Six Million Dollar Man...from what this news article says it looks like great progress is being made in the area of Bionics. I'm not sure this is a good thing or not, I guess to me it would depend on what is part of my body would be bionic. I'm sure to the people that are being helped by some of these bionic parts it is almost like a miracle to be able to do things that they weren't able to do anymore because of the loss of their body parts or the loss of function of them.