How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My grandmother was only 41 when I was born but looking at some of those pics, she looked like a grandma.

She was overweight so she wasn't wrinkled or anything but just the way she dressed and no make up and her hairstyle made her look older.

I just did the math and I still can't believe she was that young...my daughter is older than that now. Wow, boggles my mind!

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Today for the first time in weeks..was a relatively easier day for me thank goodness, because I just wasn't up to trying to knock my pipe out again , so I had a few more staff in than would be usual, and so the workload was shared equally!!

For those that don't know..and I know many of you do..this is a back problem I've had for years..I have a double herniated lumber disc, which is resting on my Sciatic nerve..I've had cortisone injections etc. over the years .and they haven't worked. The most recent last March! In july just 4 months after the procedure I was standing on the top of a ladder..turned to come down, missed my footing and fell onto a solid metal cross bar which cracked my coccyx...and undone the albeit small relief which been achieved by the Caudal epidural ...and tore the discs out again completely. Five months on...I am just getting my first appointment to go back and see my spinal surgeon ( on the 13th of this month)...

In the meantime I go to work...trying my best where possible not to rely on PK's.. (i've had so many different ones prescribed over the years..you name it they've given it to me at some time or other)...and most have too many side effects so I just take one Diazepam at night before bed, to prevent my back going into Spasm, and allow me to get out of bed in the morning without seizing up!!

Lately I have a secondary problem, just been recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis in my jaw and facial bones..which gives me the most tremendous ear pain..for that I'm on a course of Steroids for the short term...more tests to be done later this month to see where we go from here...

Sorry ..just read that all back, and I sound like a real little hypochondriac..and I know I'm not the only one here who suffers with pain on a daily basis...I'm not looking for sympathy..well maybe just a little bit..LOL...I'm really just 'splainin' about how I get through my working day... :cool:

I do get to work from home 2 days of the week most of the time, so I get a chance to rest my back...and tomorrow I'm at home, so that's fabaroonie... :D:D:D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't know how you do it, Holly! Most of us have some back pain to a degree but it hurt me just to read about your fall on top of an already bad back!

Hope you find some relief again after your appt., back pain is difficult to treat successfully but some do.

Holly Saunders and Ruby Begonia like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders , I do know what you mean. At the age of 9, while playing leapfrog, my brother didn't jump over my back, but into it. I spent the next year at a Shiner hospital for children paralyzed from the waist down. But since I regained my ability to walk it has always been with pain, to the point that the pain turned out to be the driving forces of my high BP. At the age of 25 I was hospitalized and diagnosed as having 5 types of arthritis, with RA being the worst. I have MRI's every 2 years, and the doctors say my spine is crumbling, but surgery is not an option for my condition. If it wasn't for the pain meds I would be stuck in my chair or bed like I was before I started taking them. Add a lifetime of seizures to that and there are days I want to scream, but what do we scream at?

So don't feel bad about complaining once in a while, it makes me feel better sometime.

Holly Saunders and Ruby Begonia like this.
  5. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

You know lately, I had started to loose faith in the loyalty of business now days. But today Allstate, my auto insurance company, really is coming through for me.

On December 3rd my car, a 2015 KIA Sportage, caught on fire. It burned from underneath the car, and up through the console between the front seats. I put the fire out using 3 bottles of water, and wrapping my hands in wet one, so I could beat the flames out. I took the car back to the dealership I bought it from. I bought it on Febuary 11th, and it was a brand new car. The dealership said that the car had to be investigated, and had me in a 2016 KIA Sorento within 30 minutes, and off their property.

After a week I started getting almost threatening calls from 'up North' and California, saying I would have to take that car back even though they couldn't tell me why it caught fire.

Lawyers cost more than my budget allows for, so I called my insurance company of over 30 years, and asked them just what my recourse was. It wasn't an accident, so it didn't fall under my policy. So I hung up feeling like I was going to have to find the money for a lawyer. I really didn't want to sue, I just wanted more security concerning my car.

About an hour later, my agent called back and told me that they had reviewed my background with them, (no claims or tickets), and had decided to send one of their mechanics to inspect the car for me. They will determine if the car had a problem that really could be fixed, or if it was a manufacturing Oooops. If they find it to be reliable, there will be no charge to me from them or KIA. If it is a manufacturing Oooops, then I will have to meet my $500.00 deductible, and they will take on the case. Once they won, KIA would have to reimburse me the $500.00 as well. One way or the other KIA will have to deal with Allstate insteady of just me, the little old grey headed lady.

6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Ina and you too, Holly, I wish for relief for you you both this year, at least SOME relief !!

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well I hope all who need help and healing God help them all! It's so sad when things to south in relationships. My day is going pretty good. Doing some weeding down of old papers and getting our photo album back to normal. My Grandmother took a lot of pictures when she was alive. Luckily our church is having a historical collection of church history which my Mom is proud to donate Grandma's photos and other memories collected throughout time. Got to weed out more papers this year. Hopeful to sell our CA Valley land this year too! Dinner is leftovers! :confused:

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well as promised this is the photos of my grandmother and me ...taken at the same age...

Firstly this is my grandmother...she was 58 in this photo...camera left ...I'm standing in front of her aged 4... TBF it's a particularly unflattering photo of everyone, taken on a very windy grey winters day in the late 1950's with all our hair being blown sideways .. ...but genuinely my granny looked like that all my life and never really changed much until she died when I was about 27 years old and she was in her 80's.

rr5.5.20151a.jpg

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

...and here's me taken a couple of years ago at the same age as my granny in the first photo...

[​IMG]

10. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Holly Saunders , your so pretty. I think that back in our grandmother's day, they were expected to look like that. After marriage and children, women were pretty much set aside and only thought that if they were of use they still had a value, and that didn't include their looks.

I can see the RA in your left foot. Mine looks the same. How do you make yourself wear regular shoes? In the summer I wear flip flops as you do, but come cool weather and I'm in soft leather moccasins/

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thanks for the compliment Ina..xxx...however I don't have RA in my feet...I know it looks like that, but in actual fact those are not flip flops they are verrry high heeled sandals, and my feet were slipping forward in them and I was just gripping with my toes to keep 'em on.. :D

here's another photo where I'm wearing high heeled sandals again..but these had a strap at the back so my feet weren't sliding forward...you can see my feet are fine...I'm lucky that my feet are in really good condition.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  12. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Holly, cute little kid and pretty lady!

Agree w/ Ina, adult women in those days looking older as they did.

The lady in the middle of the old photo looks exactly like my friend's old grandmother who was of German descent.

Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'll have to find a pic of my grandmother next time I go to my daughters house as she has them. But I do have one of me as a grandmother with my first grandson, Michael. I think I'm about 50 here.

image.jpg

14. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Another pretty lady!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Ruby...long long ago. Think I've aged the most in the past 4 years for some reason.