How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL...I thought Beer WAS your Holy Water, Terry.. :p;):D

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes true @Holly Saunders but I am open to diversity in my drinking habits [​IMG]

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Registered

It's 5pm here and the day has been a lazy one for me though I did do a food shop this morning, stocking up on essentials like beer and yoghurt [​IMG]...... Lisa went to the Doctor this morning and he sent her for a scan of her lungs and various blood tests and a cardiogram. All the results will be in for next Monday, in the meantime he has prescribed a 3 tablet pack of a more powerful antibiotic............. I hope you are all having a good and hopefully pain free day......

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

My day sort stunk. Ac is out in the car...then ac in apt was not working(fixed now)...got unsuspected bill for $1800 plus...then I broke my thumb down to the quick an it hurted:(. I could use a good drink...but rats dont have that either...lolo maybe tomorrow will be better :p

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

It's morning....and I don't have to go to work, because yesterday was my last day before my trip to foreign climes next week...wooohoo... I'm so looking forward to the break.

yesterday was a long very hot working day... and on the way home, i did the weekly grocery shop so I wouldn't have to go out and do it today...but by the time I got home, I'd been out of the house for 13 hours, and I was exhausted..roll on next week..

@Gloria Mitchell ...ugh you sound like you had a rotten day...

@Terry Page , Lisa sounds worse than she was , hope she's better soon..

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Terry Page likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good news is, one more week and wife is off for a week. It's the week of my birthday, so it will be prime rib and lobster dinner night. Can't believe I'll be 68! Have tickets to a waterpark we've been to before. Want one last "fling" in the water (that our bodies can still handle)........sitting in tubes and Wave Pool. Don't go on any of the big kid stuff.

Have to take vehicle in for wheel balance, tire rotation and alignment. Steering wheel shimmers a little and vehicle is drifting to right.

Again, saving for retirement (401k) isn't as easy as we'd like it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well so far today..altho' I did the shopping on the way home last night from work...I drove out to the doctors surgery to leave a prescription for my meds before I go abroad next week..beautiful sunny morning.. so afterwards I drove over to a department store on the retail park to exchange a shirt I bought for hubs the other day..and while I was there bought him 3 more shirts for our trip...and a couple of little tops for me...

Had breakfast of Bacon panini..and Latte at Costa Coffee..sitting out in the sun, then stopped off at the garage on the way home to fill up the tank with fuel.

Got home, changed into gardening clothes and mowed both Lawns .. just finished in time, because suddenly the skies darkened and we had a mighty thunderstorm, and lashing rain... The thunder has calmed down now and the sun is coming back out a bit although it's still raining lightly...but oh boy was that rain needed, it's definitely helped clear the cloying sticky heavy humidity ..and given the lawns a well deserved soaking!

It's only 2.45pm so I think I'll just sit down and have a well deserved rest... :D

Terry Page likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Got up did the usual . Then my once a month task,as it pains even me to do...clean the bath tubs.
    I do not remember it being so hard to clean. I can not clean anymore with out Magic Eraser... good invention.
    Even with a knee pad on top of the bath rug, it is a bit much for these old knees. But I got her done:)
    My days are a bit boring, I clean...lolo, my forte in life. Change sheets, wash, do dishes all that mundane things.
    Then off to take care of daughters dog. She lives in same complex so that makes it good. She is always wanting me to clean her place...no way Jose.. been there done that...afraid she is a bit unorganized, and messy. Whew, so i be setting down with a tad of ice water taken a breathe before i continue on. Have a good day :D

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Kind of what I do every day, today I dusted and vacuumed...but I start early while it's still cool. Soon I'll be going out to the store...I shop every day...plus Friday is the day I go outside and make sure there's no dog poop for when my lawn care guy comes around noon. :)

And it's only 7:22 AM! Will go shopping in about a half hour....then around 2:00PM I get a burst of energy and do some downsizing type of chore.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

This morning was the first Friday morning in ages that I didn't have to leave here at 4:45am and bring my honey to work. There is road construction being done on the main road to turn into the parking lot of the Store he works part time at and right now they have alot of side streets blocked off to everything but traffic that lives down those streets. So the grocery delivery truck decided it was to much of a hazzle to be at the store for 5am and while these streets are closed off they will be making delivery at 9am instead. Good news for my honey and me. :)

Then I spent about an hour going back and forth on FB messenger with one of my daughter's, we are not seeing eye to eye on a conversation we had a few days ago and so we have been trying to iron out the creases in this so peace between us can be the norm again. As we know from this Forum it is not always easy to allow someone to have their own opinions on things...and family goes through this same kind of stuff too. :)

In a little while I will be running a few errands and then coming home to finish the last book in a triology I have been reading by Lynette Eason. I love that once I get home I will have nothing else really that has to be done today.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Clare Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have to remember to put my new sticker on my license plate, it's been sitting in my glove compartment for weeks.

I should have put it on yesterday but I didn't go out...I wonder if I was pulled over for not having it on, if I'd still get a ticket if it's in my glove compartment?

Guess it depends on the mood of the officer!

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife relies on me to do this Registration Tag thing on our vehicles and boat.

If the Tag on the plate is too many months expired, a person will definitely get pulled over. Now, bringing the Tag out of you glove compartment and showing it to the officer should get you out of a ticket. Your new Registration is paid for. The officer should give you a smile and say "Please get it on your plate." But, like you said "depends on the mood of the officer."

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm going out to the garage right now to put it on! :)

Thanks @Cody Fousnaugh.

Jeez, $169 for a small sticker that says 2018!! On a 5 yr old Chevy Cruze. One thing that's too high in CA.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  15. Terry Page

Registered

Lisa has just come back from picking up the results of her tests, though she didn't have to pick up the physical paperwork, because it's relayed to her consultants computer, who she is seeing on Monday.
    The scan showed the lungs were clear and the cardiogram was ok, but the blood results analysis she will not find out until she sees the doctor on Monday.
    The antibiotic doesn't seem to be helping much, though the cough is slightly better, but they are making her feel weak. [​IMG]

The Cardiology room in the clinic is on the fifth floor with no lift, so a couple of patients had stopped to rest half way up the stairs for a rest, because of their heart conditions, which kind of seemed odd to us... [​IMG] .........obviously only the fittest survive
    It's snowing at the moment and still bitterly cold, [​IMG] so we have abandoned the trip to buy the leathercloth.

Hope you are having a better day weatherwise at least.....