How Was Everyone's Christmas?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Bill Boggs, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My Christmas was surpurb. We all got together at my son and daughter in law's place. They have a large place furnished in sourthern Italian style. Daughter, grandson and his family arrived from Austin bearing gifts and good cheer. DIL is Italian, a wonderful cook, and loves to entertain. So she was in her element. We all talked and laughed and shared photos taken and stories of happenings during the past year and long ago. Those so inclined attended a church service. Santa in his own was generous to all. It was a happy several days.

So, how was your Christmas? And by the way, Happy New Year to all Senior Clubers. May you enjoy good health and a measure of happiness.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh it sounds like you had a wonderful time Bill...

WE very often go abroad at Christmas but this year we couldn't for various reasons, so it was just us 2, so very quiet, with nice food..and peace... Made a nice change

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So glad you had a joy filled Christmas @Bill Boggs.

Christmas had some sadness to it this year for my family as one member of the family was not there and may not be in the future either. So our Christmas get together was quieter and tinged with an edge of knowing one of us was missing.

Still we were blessed to be together to share Jesus' Birthday and to know that love lives on in our hearts for those that may no longer be in our lives.

There was a special blessing in having our new grandbaby who was born on Oct. 25th sharing his first Christmas with us. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Tim Burr, Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Newcastle England we just enjoyed each others company,no hassle, family four hundred miles away. Time to reflect on how lucky we are when you consider the man-made suffering going on throughout the world. I feel guilty making contributions to charities, it seems an easy way to salve my conscience.
    On a happy note, the weather has been kind. A female woodpecker returned on Christmas day to mark her tree and feed on fat balls. People have pushed the boat out with Christmas lights this year and there are endless bargains in the shops.
    Being old places life in perspective. No need to rush, no deadlines just take life as it comes and hope for another year as good as the last.

Tim Burr likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Lord, I hate hearing about nice family gatherings at Christmas! Well, it's not that bad, but...……..
    Guess there are just families that don't get along, want to spend out the money to get together and live in different states.

Anyway, Christmas was ok for wife and I, but we've had better, when neither of us were sick. Wife was sick this year.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Sorry to hear your wife was sick over the holiday @Cody Fousnaugh , I hope she's better now....

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

We had a quiet Christmas with family. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make the trip as I've been recovering from the flu, but I rallied in time. It was a seven hour drive but the traffic and weather was good.

It was good to see my nephew who was home for Christmas from Taiwan. It was sad to be celebrating without my sister who was killed in August by an impaired driver. My 93-year-old mother needed to be surrounded by family this year.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh Lord @Mary Robi , I'm so sorry to hear you lost your sister so recently, especially in such horrible circumstances. I hope you all managed to get through Christmas without too many tears

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

More quiet as usual since there were few family members here, just one son and his wife. A second son and his wife and two children stopped by but didn't stay long. Most Christmases we have a houseful of people, so this was different.

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry about wife's illness, Cody. Hope she is up and around soon. Happy New Year to you both.

11. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

FATTENING...
    I must admit that although we were at the local Legion for Christmas supper, it was only the 2 of us..
    When I say fattening, I'm not joking..

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Our Christmas was some good and some not so good. We had to postpone my family gathering from Dec. 9 until yesterday because of snow. My in-law family gathering on Dec. 16 went well. Christmas day with my children and grandchildren was lovely. Then yesterday, we had to cancel our gathering because 5 family members have the flu. We might have to wait until spring to celebrate Christmas.

13. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Not a creature was stirring , not even a mouse! (might be cuz we have 2 cats !) it was a very quiet Christmas. My son and girlfriend were suppose to come for a visit but his daughter( my G-daughter got sick and ended up in the hospital. they live in Northern Illinois.. )

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I got an assortment of Nuts for Christmas. There were even Cashews!

I also got a Recumbent Trike, but it's currently a little cold in the High Desert to fully enjoy it.

We'll be taking down our front yard Nativity Scene today.

Hal
    549.JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Personally, I am glad Xmas is over. I associate Xmas with some of the saddest and loneliest times of my life.On With The New Year.

Bill Boggs likes this.