How To Beat Boredom And Be Happy

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you have time and bored try some art work using Inkscape and also the open source The Gimp image manipulation software. Not Photoshop but very close and you can find a lot of Photoshop plugins that will work inside of The Gimp just search for them online.

There is such a large amount of tutorials for Inkscape you can learn it in a week and you will be in love with the results. I like those birds and animals you can find in the tutorials.

https://www.gimp.org/

https://inkscape.org/?about-screen=1

https://inkscape.org/learn/

My feeble attempt to Be Happy, using a Mouse and I really should get a cheap tablet that works with all my programs.

720.jpg 734.jpg

Attached Files:

• 719.jpg
      719.jpg
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's pretty cool.

I've done my share of training guides, but have not done a lot with graphics stuff beyond screenshots and whatever clip art I might have come across. Photoshop always looked daunting to me...both the learning curve and the price.

I bought a cheap Samsung Android tablet a year or so ago to use with the Bluetooth OBD2 reader I got for my car. I think I paid under $80 for it...but it's not got a touch screen. Walmart.com sells refurbished stuff like that. They may let you have one on an installment plan with a $5 down payment. ;)

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like it would be fun,but I'm not sure I have time to be that involved.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I peeked in at an adult art class where 'anyone can learn to draw'. I knew that is not always the case but they urged me to come in a draw with them. When they saw I can't draw even a slightly straight line, they gave me my money back.:rolleyes:

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL I'm afraid they would treat me the same. I did draw a few pretty flowers once. I'm just not artistic.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  6. John Brunner

I'm still traumatized from a 1st grade experience.

I drew a picture of a horse, and the teacher took it out back and shot it.

7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can just barely sign my name.

8. John Brunner

My handwriting is so bad that when I took notes at night classes I could barely read them later. There were times I was on the verge of tears it was so frustrating. Nothing helped my career more than learning how to type so folks would not see my handwriting and think me to be an idiot because of it.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That looks interesting, Thomas. As far as boredom, I must be weird because it doesn't take a lot to entertain me. I am seldom bored because I love to read so I can sit and enjoy other people's adventures from my recliner.

I never used Photoshop for the same reasons as you, @John Brunner . I tried a few times and found it so frustrating I didn't want to bother with it. If I can't caption something in Paint, I'm outta luck.