Suspicious Vehicle Crashes May Have Been Caused By Hackers

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have read about this happening also, and I do think that this is what happened with Michael Hastings. He was definitely getting ready to release some kind of a report that the government did not want to come out; and when you look at the pictures and read about what actually happened; it seems like his car was hacked, brakes disabled, and accelerated the gas, and probably also had a bomb in it that went off.
    There was an underground watermain that broke, and you can see it spouting into the air in the pictures. The first thought was that he hit a fire hydrant; but that was not the case, and they said that it is not likely that his just crashing into the tree could have in any way broken an underground water main. It undoubetedly happened when he was going across it and the bomb exploded.

Since we have an old car, it is not likely that anyone would want to hack it in any case, even if they could do it. It does have computerized parts, but nothing that goes online like the modern cars have.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Apparently, with the WikiLeaks news about Vault 7, people are taking another look at the crash that killed Michael Hastings. Many people already believed that he was an assassination target, and he had even said that he thought someone had tampered with his Mercedes, and he was afraid for his life.
    He tried to alert people to the danger around him; but it was not enough to prevent his death.
    When you watch some of the videos showing just what happened at the scene of the car crash, it definitely looks like it was the result of his car being controlled, and very likely had at least one bomb under the car as well.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

The recent fatal car crash of actress Anne Heche started me looking at some of the information available about her crash, and another crash that also seems eerily similar.
    Anne Hesche had recently done a documentary called “the Girl in Room 13”, which was about human trafficking.

When the accident occurred, she was driving a Mini Cooper, which has a completely computer controlled system, so it would have been easy for someone to hack into the car controls, and crash the car into the house.
    On one of the videos, you see the car speeding past a house security cam, and you can hear the brakes squealing really loud on the video, so it appears that she may have been trying desperately to stop the car, and was not intentionally speeding.

I posted a video of her being taken out to the ambulance, and even that seems odd. She was completely covered up like she was dead, the people transporting the gurney have black complete face masks on, and it is hard to read the emblem on the jackets; but it looks like they are firemen and not paramedics.
    Picture of the house and car show the car fire put out and barely smoking and being towed out ; which would seem like she was left inside for a while before being put into the ambulance.
    Then, she desperately throws the covers and straps off and tries to escape when they are ready to put her in the ambulance. Rather than trying to calm her down, they literally grab her and throw her into the ambulance .
    The first news says she is injured but expected to survive, and then they announce that she has died, but is being kept on life support to donate organs.

An interesting thing is that she is not the only person who died in a car wreck recently. She and Republican Jackie Walorski were in contact about the human trafficking video, and Walorski was deeply involved in working to stop human trafficking.
    She and 2 of her people were in a vehicle that suddenly crossed the center line and crashed head on into an oncoming car, killing everyone in both vehicles.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  5. Yvonne Smith

This is from an online article by Sorcha Faal, who writes opinions about things happening in the world. Some of the articles are believable, and some are kind of far-fetched; but overall, there is usually some good information to be found.
    This article is about the possibility of newer vehicles being controlled remotely and made to crash and kill the people in the car .

4331E9AC-2676-421A-9FF0-E62A3A9232DC.jpeg

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hacking vehicles is certainly possible. No way to know for sure if it is involved in any of the incidents mentioned. Sometimes the computer chips just take over or fail completely without outside interference. A friend had the steering in his new Ford pickup completely fail and he suddenly had no directional control of his vehicle. He found out it is a fairly common flaw in Ford vehicles that have "fly by wire" steering. It cost him over $2000 to have the unit replaced and was not covered by any recalls even though it is a known dangerous issue with those vehicles.

I have also seen demonstrations of hackers changing the settings on medical equipment in hospitals. A hacker sitting in the hospital parking lot using the hospitals' own WIFI system managed to change the settings on an IV pump that had been removed form a patient's bedside just to show how easily it could be done. That type of thing could also have played a role in the Heche case. Don't know. That hacker said the Chinese have built hardware-based backdoors into almost everything they touch, allegedly for "remote troubleshooting", but it can give hackers access to all kinds of electronics if they know where the holes are located. I am no computer expert, but this guy said it is built into the hardware so no anti-virus or other software can find it.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

WOW.. This is more than scary.. have always said... the bigger the progress made, the bigger the problem becomes.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

The really important things in my car are computer-controlled: acceleration, braking, steering (although braking is still done mechanically with your foot as well, so I assume it still works if the computer fails.) For example, when I turn the steering wheel, it is not directly attached to the front wheels. The input of my turning the wheel goes into the computer, which then turns the wheels via a motor. The "steering wheel" is merely there as a legacy "we're all familiar with it" thing...it could just as easily be a joystick.

I like some of the features of my modern car (like "Adaptive Cruise Control"), but Fly-By-Wire technology (controlled electronically and not mechanically) does frighten me...and most cars with any form of cruise control delegate acceleration to the computer. While I'm willing to set the cruise control so my car accelerates/decelerates without my input or control, I have yet to use the "Lane Keep Assist" feature that "bumps" the steering should the radar and camera see my car start to cross over into the other lane with me doing it intentionally. (I do use the feature that alerts me if I'm wandering over the line, but I don't give the car permissions to steer back.)

I found out by accident that the computer knows if the driver is relying on all these features to function as an autopilot. I was driving back from dinner one evening and had food stuck between my teeth, so I got out the dental floss and steered with my knees. A few seconds later the computer voice says "Keep Both Hands On The Steering Wheel!" I felt invaded.

To think of any of this being hacked into by the guy in the lane next to me is frightening, but I'm just not sure how it could be accomplished. All of my computer access is done through hard-wired ports. The only thing that is wireless are the door locks that recognize the FOB and my satellite radio. MAYBE the cruise control radar could be jammed, but cruise control is easy enough to turn off with the switch.

edit to add: After watching the vid & reading, I see that some cars have Smart Phone apps (I shake my friggin' head at this.) As the video and the article @Yvonne Smith posted said, "If it connects to the outside world, it is vulnerable." Now I have to fess up that I'm doing something not-so-smart in this regard.

We all know those computer ports that the mechanic hooks up to so as to read the Check Engine Error Codes (On Board Diagnostics, or OBD.) I have a wireless transmitter plugged into my car so that I can read read those codes, as well as every data point the computer either reads or controls. I did this in order to monitor select data points via my tablet. I was smart enough to choose a reader that pairs with a specific device, and that goes through a multi-step Connecting/Password process that times out if not done quickly (most of these just tie into any nearby reader.) But still, it's visible to anyone who is within range.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

If your car software can auto-update, it is vulnerable to hacking. Some of the roadside assistance packages on the new cars have transponders that allow them to track yo as well so they know where you are if you have an accident or need help. It is all frightening to me and I will avoid it as long as I can do so.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

I don't have the ON-Star-like stuff, and my updates are done via a physical USB port in the vehicle. But I have a built-in NAV system, so "they" know where I am (not that it's needed if you carry a cell phone outside of a Faraday bag.)

It IS all frightening. I fear government more than I do hackers.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Me too, unless the hackers work for the government....

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  12. John Brunner

Pray for the White Hats.

Yvonne Smith likes this.