How Quick Are You To Adapt And Adjust To Major Changes?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I was thinking about my self and the major changes that I have had to adjust to in the past five years as well as in 1989 after the death of my first wife. I would have to give myself an A plus
    as confirmed by friends and family members.

Shirley Martin and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Going have to think on this one Lon
    How quick is your main question..
    So the answer is No. Quick no, thought out logical changes! Much quicker:)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We found out very quickly, while talking to some Seniors having coffee in local McDonalds, many don't like the changes that have occurred in this city. Funny, the young folks want the Seniors to sell their homes and move and the Seniors, who have lived here for years, want the young folks to leave. Neither will happen!

As for me, I am both able and not able to adapt to any changes. Depend on the kind of changes it is.

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Then your answer must be NO-----You can't be both.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a way, I’ll have to support Cody on this one.
    If I lost a leg, I am sure it would take a lot to adapt to the physical limitations much more so than if I found I had to simply move to a strange neighborhood and that’s not counting the mental aspects of either form of adaptation.

Now to the question. Do I personally adapt easily to change? Yes, but as I have pointed out a couple of times on this forum, adopting that change is a whole different topic and to that end the answer would be no.
    Adaptation can be something temporary and not necessarily permanent whereby adoption is almost always permanent.

You, Lon, have not only adapted to the changes in your life but adopted all the nuances that occurred as a permanent way of life.

6. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a major life change which shouldn't have been. I dumped my bike in '13,busted up my ankle real well. Got a bunch of hardware in it. I was of it or on crutches for almost a year, just didn't heal up. I gained weight lost mobility, was still smoking 2 packs a day.
    Just the event that triggered my past lifestyle to come back and bite me in the ass.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You asked "how quick are you?" Not a yes or no question. I assume Cody adapts faster to some changes than to others, to which most of us would agree.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh

Your previous residence area had drawbacks. Your present one seems to also. Are you adapting?
    Frank

Beth Gallagher and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

That would be what the major changes are and how they would affect me personally. There are many things that don't bother me at all when it comes to change, yet others are. Education requirements today drive me nuts. I know people who refuse to own a cell phone, or even a computer and that baffles me completely as to why. But each to his own.

Yvonne Smith and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The only major change I have had lately is staying at home (Mostly) to avoid COVID-19. I have adjusted pretty well but I admit that I miss going out to eat.

Frank Sanoica and John Brunner like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I would prefer they not be forced on me but, in my life, I have been a student, I have worked in bridge construction, and I have worked in factories making chairs, boats, paper bags, and some other things that weren't even identified. I have been a youth minister, a paramedic, and program chairman of the second-largest program at a state college. I have been a web designer and SEO tech, and I have built web directories for the past twenty-odd years. I have lived in the UP of Michigan, Iowa, Southern California, the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, North Carolina, and Maine. I have been broke and I have had enough money to do whatever it was that I wanted to do, and everything in between. I am afraid of change but excited by it at the same time. Overall, I like it. Of course, that depends on what the change it and why it is coming about. I have never been fired from a job so my job changes were of my own choice, sometimes brought about by things that weren't entirely in my control, such as when Champion shut down its paper bag plants. I don't like change that is imposed on me unreasonably, such as the current response to a virus, and I will resist it.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm still alive, so I'd have to say that I adapt fast enough.

Frank Sanoica and Shirley Martin like this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have had one disaster after another but always working out for the best. I built a business a store with two stores in one from scratch with 3 apartments rented. Lost all through separation that put me in bankruptcy. Losing everything starting over building up enough to buy large boat and retire. A divorce let me penniless except for the boat and pension. Starting over again in a third world country now have a two bedroom house with a two bedroom apartment above with another building which has two bedrooms and bath. No money owing on anything.