How Old Is The Earth, Really ?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Through the ages, mankind has traditionally taken the view of the Bible , and other religious books and histories, that the world was created by a supreme being, and that the earth was only about 6,000 years old.
    In the last 100 years or so, scientists have determined that the earth is actually millions (or even billions) of years old; leaving a large division of what people believe happened.

I have always been interested in the ancient history of the earth, in archeology (especially where it concernss the findings of dinosaurs and other ancient creatures), and so when I find articless or videos about this subject, then I eagerly read/listen/watch and think about the facts and ideas that they present.
    For the people here who are also interested in these subjects; I think that you will find this to be an interesting video just like I did.

Basically, it explains about the formation of coal, and that it can actually be created in a very short time, and not necessarily over millenia, assuming the proper conditions exist.
    Next, it explains how the Noaic world flood could have led to the conditions that caused the coal to form where and how it did, and shows us examples of dinosaur tracks that have been found in the coal.
    There is a lot of evidence that men and dinosaurs did exist on the earth at the same time, and this video also helps to support that theory.
    One really interesting part is about the formation of the Grand Canyon, and how long it took for that to occur.

It is a longish video; so make yourself a pot of coffee or some popcorn before you start it. (I usually take the time to cut up more plastic bags for the crocheted rug projects, but it is not necessary to do that unless you enjoy crocheting rugs).

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll give the video a go in the morning, when my brain is fresh.. :)
    I love watching programs on Nova/Discovery that stir the mind about the beginnings of our history.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks,Yvonne.....popcorn sounds like a good idea!.....and potatoes.;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

The earth is older than dirt.

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The earth is billions of years old and just a tiny dot in the much older universe.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

There is now proof from NASA that some planets have hydrocarbons on them. So this proves that coal or oil might not be causes by degrading wood and dinosaurs like once believed. The Russians have drilled far beyond the dinosaur’s age and found oil in abundance. In the trenches in the ocean there are hydrocarbons streaming up giving life that cannot be explained. They now claim that the earth itself is the producer of coal and oil. So if you use the assumption that these are made of degrading matter than you can come up with a bad theory

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know how old it is - but isn't it just perfect
    Right distance from the Sun and Moon etc ..........perfectly placed and everything has its place

Joe Riley likes this.