How Observant Are You?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Anywhere we go, I "observe"/look at:
    Baseball caps people have on.
    Printed t-shirts people are wearing.
    The tattoo's people have
    How well children are behaving with parents at a restaurant.
    I will bring to my wife's attention the size of the wedding set (diamonds) a lady is wearing.
    Sometimes even the kind of groceries people buy.

Since I'm a very friendly/outgoing guy, that a lot of people get shocked by, I will say something to the person or parents about what I see.
    Wife and I will compliment a couple on how well their kids are behaving or how cute they are.
    I have found out that not everyone who wears a Star Wars t-shirt is into Star Wars as much as I am. Sometimes they will get totally stunned at how much I know about the Star Wars movies/characters, etc.
    A lot of Veteran's of WWII, Korea and Vietnam will wear baseball caps stating that.

What can I say..........I'm just very "observant" of different things.
    How about you?

Krissttina Isobe and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm more observant of people's persona, I need to go by my instincts on whether to steer clear
    I do notice people's clothes though, hard not to in some cases
    A lady in front of us had patterned 'clown' trousers on, they even had 2 triangular shapes pointing from
    the thighs ! :eek: Don't get it at all :rolleyes:

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'm friendly, but do "think" a second before saying something to somebody. IOW, I darn sure don't make a comment to everyone that I "observe" something about them. Got to watch what is said to some full of tattoos and/or body piercings. Most of the time, making no comment at all is best!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Used to observe a lot of things. More so than now. When I had my own car, I would drive slow enough to get a look at stuff, like houses or buildings etc. Now, when I ride with others, they drive like they're in a road race. everything goes by my tired old eyes in a blur.

Krissttina Isobe and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha ! So true !

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I often say I'm the most unobservant person in the world....I really don't notice what other people are wearing unless it's absolutely outrageous and only a blind person could miss it..I certainly would never notice someone's ring unless they showed it to me.

I'm particularly bad at recognising faces...absolutely shocking. I can meet someone somewhere ..perhaps several times, and I'll STILL walk past them in the street, because I just do not have the face recognition App in my Brain

Noise on the other hand is something I can't tolerate very well, and no misbehaving children, or noisy revving vehicles would fail to irritate me

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not very observant either, unless something really gets on my radar. Sometimes some things are just so outstanding or outrageous you can't help but notice. I just will let most things go. I don't make comments usually on other people's apparel, or anything else. It is really not my position to judge, that is how I look at it. However, some things really do look inappropriate..I might make a generic statement..but never to the person..it isn;t my business. Sometimes I notice rings, and jewelry.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I seldom think, if at all, "It's none of my business". I've never been told that either. I will ask about something, or even make a small joke that will create a smile and laugh.
    I just happen to have that type of personality. Two things I'm not and that is dull or too quiet,

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not as observant as the normal because what I usually see is the entire picture or the summary. Particularly with the color of the dress or the unique attire, I wouldn't notice it at once unless I have plenty of time to spare in looking at it. What I mean is about the scenery I could see when I am traveling. However, when I have nothing to do like waiting in line for the cashier in the supermarket, I get to notice the items in the other cart that sometimes I go back to the aisle to get myself a cucumber as reminded by that in the other cart.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I observe how ladies look. Sometimes, they look good, so I look, sometimes they look outlandish, so I look away, etc.

But when I look at one who is good-looking my wife some how ALWAYS catches me at it, and chastises me!
    Frank

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

I would never comment on what someone is wearing that is yuk to me, I do when I think they look
    good though.
    But, I am very aware of my surroundings and what goes on here, you have to be but, only a couple of
    people are and since living here, I see how people are easily duped in life

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Riding the bus makes you observant and on guard all the time. I like to see what people are wearing, what kind of hair do they got or what kind of footwear they got on etc. I rarely comment. Today as I was riding the bus a nice woman in a mechanical wheelchair came on. She was so very upbeat, as she began to speak with me. She was so filled with kindness spirit for being thankful for life for she recently beat cancer. I'm the type speak when spoken to and she was so happy today for she beat cancer, God bless her! Life is full of surprises and luckily we have our senses to know about it!:) We all are different and viva la difference!

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let everyone know, I still look at what's written on t-shirts and baseball caps. Some folks do get a little shocked when I stop them to read what's written on their t-shirt. But, the way I see it, don't wear a t-shirt with writing on it if you don't want anyone to look at it or make a comment about it. Same goes for a baseball cap.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    Some that we see are positively disgusting.
    Frank

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Like what? Language and/or pictueres/art?

Frank Sanoica likes this.