How Many of You Still Work?

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Mal Campbell, Apr 20, 2015.

?

Are you retired?

1. Yes, finally

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Yes, but not by choice

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Semi-retired, still working part-time

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. No, and I can't wait - I'm counting the days/years

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. No, and I'm happy to still be working

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Your experience sounds a whole lot like mine, @Frank Sanoica , except I was already almost 60 years old, and living on my own when I tried doing that. I had moved up to family property in northern Idaho, and had enough money to be able to get an old used single-wide trailer and get it set up; but not enough to have lights and water put in.
    I also had livestock to take care of , but no way to use wood heat, and instead I had a kerosene heater.
    Snow was over my knees all winter long, and below zero weather most of the time.
    I can't tell you how glad I was when I finally got electricity, and then in another year or so, I had saved enough to sign up for the county water system.
    I do miss the peace and privacy of living out in the woods; but unlike you, Frank; I would NOT want to live that way again now.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Jeanne Palmer

Jeanne Palmer New Member
    Registered

Hi Ken,

You're doing the work that I dearly want to do! How do I find a job here on line? I dearly need to work from home, and have searched for work that would permit me to do that. Can you guide me?

Thanks

Jeanne

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi, Jeanne. We are just an average Seniors forum here, and not a place for locating a job, even though we do have topics on that.
    Most of us that are older do not actually have a job anymore, but we can relate to each other because of the age group that we are all part of.
    Perhaps, @Ken Anderson can steer you in the right direction, since he works online full-time.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Web directories are not as big as they once were, so there are not a lot of jobs in that field right now. We all pretty much know one another and have been doing it for more than two decades. Most everyone I know who earns a living online these days doesn't depend on any one thing, but tries to have revenue streams coming in from a lot of places.