How Many Of These Get On Your Nerves?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

There's a few on the list that get on mine...

These are some of mine from the list..

1.Cash-point faffers. Why do I always get stuck behind someone who wants to pay in, get cash out, check statements and get a balance slip?

2. The supermarket cashier who comments on your shopping...just put the darn things through, I don't have to justify why I'm buying something

3.Websites that insist on overly complicated passwords. One upper-case letter, one lower case, two symbols, a dash . . . How is anyone meant to remember that lot?
    4. People who park so close to you , you have difficulty opening the door to get out and have to climb over the passenger seat..

..and there's more... have a look at the whole list here..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...s-sorry-cards-irritants-make-want-scream.html

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Interesting link. There's some good stuff there. Similar to your #1, I'd add people who wait for the cashier to finish ringing up their groceries before digging in their purse for a method of payment, spending minutes figuring out which card to use, or whether to write a check, then chatting up the cashier while reorganizing everything in their purse before getting out of the way.

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh that irritates me too ken.. especially if they've been standing in the queue for a while giving them plenty of time to find their money before they even get to the cashier!!

While I'm standing in the queue I always get my debit card out of my wallet and put it into my pocket in readiness before I get to the cashier so I don't hold anyone up.

Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Any and all retail places that insist on playing music much too loud.!
    Any place that insist they need my email address.
    Places that think you must furnish your ssn to them.
    Am sure there are more but that is enough for now.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Political polls over the phone. I got one Saturday from somebody who said they were the DCC. I suppose that means the Democratic Congressional Committee. They were trying to get me to say something bad about President trump, I think. I told them I think he is doing a great job, I'll vote for him again next time and I intend to vote for every Republican on the ticket in November.:D:D:D:D:D

6. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

peoplethat stand too close to me in the check out lines

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I love political polls. I don't always tell the truth, but they're fun.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Omg Ken...you cheat ? :D:D:p

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

not much bothers me I just adapt and live with it, I have been with out AC now a day with 109 yesterday and today the repair man is coming my neighbors were having a fit I just stayed calm and all ok with fans we did fine last night

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

welcome to my world...NO AC since we arrived back from our AC'd house in Spain 4 weeks ago.. totally reliant on fans here which are almost useless.. temps reached 101 degrees yesterday...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

108-109 2 days ago 87 in the house with fans, FIXED now! We all made out just fine. No repeat needed!

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Not really any on those lists, because I don't experience a lot of them. Guess I don't get out enough. :( At checkout counters and other lines, I try to remind myself I'm retired, and not usually in a hurry, and then it makes me :).

Announcements over the P.A. system at box stores, especially bad at Lowes.

CUSTOMER NEEDS ASSISTANCE IN PLUMBING (or wherever)!

All caps because it is really loud, drowns out conversation, repeats too frequently for anyone to even have a chance to get to plumbing, and sometimes goes on for what seems like forever.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Another thing I find highly irritating is when you're standing in the supermarket looking at items on the shelves and someone stands right in front of you completely blocking your view.. that's rude!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm impatient so anything that causes me to wait needlessly annoys me...it's strange because I have all the time in the world.

Yet I feel a need to hurry up with everything so I can come home and have all day to stare at the walls, lol.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just as I clicked on this thread, the most irritating thing to me was going on at that very moment!
    BOOM ...BOOM BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...BOOOOOM...BOOM.
    The ever so lovely musical renderings coming from a parked car at the apartments across from my house. (sarcasm at its best)

To be sure, only a deaf person feeling the vibration might think that horrendous excuse for music was even close to being good for within those very vibrations might disclose something akin to the percussion section complete with cannonade playing the 1812 overture.
    Our windows rattle, the house shakes and this normally calm gentleman’s nerves begin to fray. The only possible thing more intolerable would be to have to simultaneously listen to Maxine Waters, Hilly Clinton and Nancy Pelosi speak. ( although the windows wouldn’t just rattle with the later, they would indeed break)

I do not normally revel in any type of revenge but there is one point of satisfaction to be gleaned in the very near future. The people in the entire apartment complex is being evicted along with their dope, prostitution and yes, the BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Fade in the song, “There will be peace in the valley” whilst quietly chanting, “Fare thee well, boom boom, fare thee well! “ Bye bye....
    Ahhhh...much better now and I didn’t even have to seek any meds........:)