How Long Will Covid-19 Be Around

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It will probably be around, in one variant or another, like the flu, for a long, long time. It will quit being an issue once the global progressives have found something to take its place, or when people get tired of responding to it. Quite likely, Dr. Fauci's scientists are cooking up something else, though.

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Apparently the Army is working on a vaccine that they hope will be effective against all variants.

LINK

I thought this was interesting:

"It's difficult to create any vaccine, let alone a universal one, to fight a respiratory virus like COVID or the flu. Ideally, what we would like to do is prevent them from even getting a foothold in the body. As they enter the body, they enter the cells of the respiratory system and begin their infection with the cells that are in the mucous membranes of the nose and back in the throat. That makes it hard for the antibodies that are circulating in the bloodstream to get to them right away. It's almost as though the infection has to get established, and then when the virus tries to move throughout the body, that's when the antibodies glom onto them."

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Bill Boggs likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

I didn’t know the army was capable of creating such protection.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't either. I remember last spring Fauci talking about some research being done on a universal vaccine. It was in response to a question. I don't think he mentioned who was doing the research at the time.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The United States Army has a medical research section that deals specifically with infectious diseases.
    More than anything else, they’re a defensive team that works against biological warfare.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

we are in deep doo, no matter what I hear that is uplifting from Newsmax, Fox or any other "people" talking about how this and that wonderful thing is going to happen, we are a mess imo. I don't feel we are going to ever get out of these masks because only hand-fulls of people will stand together. But something hopeful I came across this a.m. thanks to some folks on this forum, is the memory/history of a small number of pilots taking on the Germany's war-machine air force. The resilience of what is good and right can and will overcome evil, with the help of God.

Every day I wake up and want so much to hear we've one, another, small battle here in America. Now I'm in tears, again, feeling sad we can't come together for the common good before it gets worse, and history shows me, yes it can :(

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

As I’ve written before, mankind has NEVER completely eradicated any disease. The virus is here, it’s going to stay until such time as someone decides to do something totally productive without a monetary reward and is allowed to distribute said cure(s) without repercussions from the powers that be.

Al Amoling and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

This may be the most stupid question I've ever asked, but who's paying for the vaccines? I mean they're free for people, but are they??

11. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Any time government says it's free it really means the taxpayer is paying for it

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, I'm sure you're right, I should have figured it out.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apparently deadly viruses come in cycles that coincide with American election years.

The Biden Administration is going to restate the numbers of those who were hospitalized because of COVID and those with COVID. They are working on recalculating the death count as well, but in order to maintain a degree of plausibility, they can't be honest too radical with it.

No word as to whether taxpayer funds shall flow back into taxpayers' coffers from those hospitals that got checks for those who were miscategorized.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

There are lots of opinions here and elsewhere so what are we to do? As for me I will stick with the advice of those educated in such matters and continue to wear my masks.

John Brunner and Nancy Hart like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

As far as those educated in such matters, you’ll find a wide variety of professionals who stand on all sides of the arena. Some say they do no good, others say they do, others say they do no harm whilst others say that it harms those with breathing problems.
    I tend to agree with the harm part because my wife finds it extremely difficult to breath whilst wearing a mask and especially so when she is trying to walk from one point to another and having to take breaks every 20-30 steps or so.

Pick which professional you wish to listen to but in the end, it’s all about your choice.