How Emulsifiers Are Messing With Our Guts And Making Us Fat

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Babs Hunt, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://civileats.com/2015/02/25/how-emulsifiers-are-messing-with-our-guts-and-making-us-fat/

Common food ingredients like polysorbate 80, lecithin, and carrageenan interfere with microbes in the gastrointestinal tract, says new study.

I have absolutely no problem believing that this article is true.

The further we get away from foods in their natural states...the more we can count on having health problems from additives, etc. added to these natural foods.

My youngest daughter makes her own baby food out of only organic foods....and she buys as much organic food for her whole family as much as possible. Now that they will be moving into a Home with lots of yard space we are going to help them grow a garden (she even has a green house in their back yard) with their own organic veggies, etc. and herbs.

More and more the Government is tainting our food supply with things that cause health problems in one way or another for all of us. Most of the time they don't even have to tell us what they are adding, etc. I watch a commericial on TV advertising some Chicken seller who is bragging about how they don't feed their chickens any antibiotics...but what they don't tell you is that they are feeding those chickens growth hormones along with other things that are just as bad for our health.

I know my health problems with IBS does have something to do with the food I eat and what has been added to it and it's been a long and frustrating journey to find the things I have to avoid at all costs so that I can live as normal a life as possible with this gut problem.

It's for sure that our Government does not care to do what is best for us...it is up to us to do that for ourselves.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Martin Alonzo and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm very lucky with my digestive system, so far. I.can eat anything and everything without it upsetting my stomach.

Very rare for me to even get a stomachache or even throw up, not even when I was pregnant.

I do eat fresh veggies a lot but haven't always. I do watch my processed food intake, plus eat good carbs and some protein.

Only complaint Ive had was constipation and mostly when traveling, think it was more psychological but ever since I started eating fiber one cereal that isn't a problem at all.

I wish all my other systems were as good as my digestive system.

I'm sure what they're adding to foods isn't good for us and those that have problems will feel it more.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.enn.com/health/article/51997

I find this article interesting since it is research in my home state. :) Walnuts are good for your gut bacteria...yeah. I have been eating alot of walnuts in my yogurt smoothies for months now so this article and research is good news to me. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Babs your on the right track most people think if they eat it than it is in their body and that is a fallacy. There is a tube runs from your mouth through your body and out the other end. If the digestion system is not 100% working right your losing the nutrition you need. There is a lot of alternative doctors that have help people correct their digestive problems and their cancer disappeared and also many other ailments. I had a gentleman here the other day and he was saying that he has been going to the doctor because he has no energy. I told him to fix his stomach problem and quit taking anti acids he looked at me and said how did you know I had a problem like that. Later he told me his mother has Alzheimer I told him she has to get off the statin drugs he looked at me again and said how did you know she was on statins I just laugh

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I do love walnuts and eat them along with almonds. Probably not the reason my digestive system is great, Probably a lot to do with heredity too because I always didn't eat healthy.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My digestive system is doing a lot better since I've been drinking my yogurt smoothies for months now. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's good! As with all things, you have to find out what works the best for you...sometimes it takes awhile.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The very Doctors that prescribe antibiotics for what ails you, do not know enough to tell you to eat yogurt while you are taking those antibiotics. And they often over prescribe those antibiotics too...which has an end result of causing more problems for your gut because the antibiotics kill all your good gut bacteria too.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not had to take any antibiotics for longer than I can remember; but I still take probiotics, usually in the form of kefir, and sometimes as whole milk greek yogurt. I like making kefir, and drink about a half cup at night sometimes, especially if my tummy seems upset about something.
    Kefir has more probiotics than just about anything else you can use, although yogurt is very good, too as long as it is plain and not sweetened.
    Kefir is just a lot simpler for me to make than yogurt is, so I like using that best.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I use the plain yogurt in my smoothies and add a probiotic capsule contents to the smoothie too. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.