How Do You Say My Name?

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Mari North, Apr 12, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

One of my friend's has a last name of Sekszincski. I think that is how you spell it, I am not even sure! I just call him Chad. He is from the same general home area that I am...there are lots of people who originated in Pennsylvania who ended up living in Virginia. I think that it is one of the ways that different and unsual names get spread across the United States. Anyway, many Polish names are hard to say, and even harder to spell!

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Where is Mari...I haven't seen her for a long time..Miss her posts!

That said I've just returned from a vacation in Southern Spain ..so I'm just catching up with forum posts...so I may have missed her return while I've been away..but if not, does anyone know if Mari is OK?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome back , @Holly Saunders ! The last we heard from @Mari North is that she was going to be taking some college courses, and I think some kind of job changes, and she just didn't have time left over for the forum. Hopefully, at some point, she will have enough free time again to come back and visit us, at least; but in any case, she is fine, and just deeply involved with studies right now.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Yvonne Smith, I was wondering also.....glad she's okay! Miss her spunk and humorous style of writing.

Welcome back @Holly Saunders! Hope to see some photos...

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting name indeed. I likewise had a male cousin whose name was 'Jose Mari.' I guess the name can also be for men.

6. Lisa Cologne

Lisa Cologne Veteran Member
    Registered

Before I even read your comment, I called you 'marry'. I wasn't consciously thinking about it, but it would be like Mata Hari?