How Do You Get Your Meds? Pick Up Or Delivered?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It has not been easy or convenient for me or others to pick up my meds from the drive up window at the pharmacy. I finally was able to arrange for mail delivery and at a better Co Pay cost, plus a 90 supply instead of 30. It's been a real hassle to set this up but finally got it done this morning.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't have ''drive up windows'' at our pharmacies.. I collect them in store myself...

Frank Sanoica and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I used to have mine delivered through the same medical center that my doctor works out of because it was cheaper, and seemed convenient. However, they were very slow about changes in my medicine and would often keep delivering medications that I was no longer taking, and it would take a long time for any new ones. So now I use the pharmacy at the supermarket we shop at. We're there at least a few times a week, so it's not like it's an extra trip or anything. It's a little more expensive but the percentage that I pay is so small that it doesn't matter.

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm surprised. It rains so much there, I would think they would have a way so you wouldn't have to get out of your car. Then again, I guess it's a space issue around building as well. We don't usually have them downtown, just in the neighborhood sprawling areas.

I'm would be prone to get meds at WalMart. It's really one of the few places where I actually shop in person. Most of my shopping is only online.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I only take one Rx; Lisinopril for blood pressure. I use ExpressScripts and get a 90-day supply in the mail when the refill is due. Very cheap and convenient; I pay $1.22 for 90 days.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I drive to CVS once in 90 days to get a replacement canister of LISINOPRIL blood pressure pills. I pay $1.51 for a 90-day supply.

I also get a 90-day supply of ALLOPURINOL Gout pills for $5.40.

I go to CVS about once every 2 weeks to get a 1.75 Liter jug of 80-Proof Puerto Rican Rum.

CVS is a happy place!

Hal

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It really doesn't rain as much as people think it does...definitely not here in the south!!
    In London in rains less than 650 mm per year, which is actually less than cities like Milan, Sydney or New York. In the south, south-east and East Anglia is rains less than 700 mm per year. With an annual rainfall of around 600 mm, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Greater London (all here in the south) are the driest areas of the UK.

It's the North of England , Scotland and Wales which have the worst rainfall... In some of these places there can be an annual rainfall of 4577 mm, making these places one of the the wettest places in Europe

Don Alaska and Bess Barber like this.
  8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm happy I only take a couple and get 90 of each and pick them up at CVS. Or have a friend do it for me. Otherwise my supplements are delivered to me and these keep me off a lot of drugs.

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Jane Monroe

Jane Monroe Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I pick them up at the pharmacy.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is a pharmacy that is associated with our hospital in the same building as the Wellness Center (fitness center) where we go almost every day to exercise and swim. We have been picking up any prescriptions there for the last couple of years, since we go there anyway.
    However, our Humana Medicare Advantage allows me to order online from my iPhone, and then they send the prescriptions to me, so I changed over to that.
    They remind me when it is time to reorder, and then I just click the little order page, and that is done. They have my debit card information on file, so everything is quick and easy.
    We also have a $100 OTC allowance each month, so both Bobby and I order most of our vitamins and any other OTC items that we need , and those are shipped to us as well.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Mine all come in the mail. All of mine come from the VA Medical. I order online.