How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The deep state media,entertainment, industrial complex, the justice system, and the intelligence system. the elicit government. The more Trump can aggravate these people the better it will be for the country and just maybe he can get the corruption out of the government.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Stock market keeps going up. I bought AT&T yesterday. Wish I had more money to invest.

When the tax cuts are done it should be even better.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott
    Some financial "sage" once stated that the Stock Market is no different than any other kind of gamble: in a rising market, he proved that throwing darts at the published favorites did just as well as the predictions by financial experts.

At least when I play Blackjack, several predictables are always accurate: memorization of cards "played" gives insight to cards about to appear (predicting the future), and, I'm playing against myself, not millions of others who buy and sell, and the failures I achieve belong only to myself.
    Frank

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Stock Market is a gamble but you can limit the risk by educating yourself.

I also buy lottery tickets.:rolleyes:

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too. Last week I won $52. on a $1 Lotto ticket. :)

Yvonne Smith and Sheldon Scott like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott
    Gee, don't get me started on those crooked lotteries! Why? Here goes: In my state (why would others be much different?) 11% of the sale of a ticket goes to the seller. 48% is consumed in running the damned lottery, "Administrative Cost", leaving about 60% for payouts. Given the "cut-off" time for sales of a particular draw, the Lottery Commission publishes the amount of dough available for winnings. That "pot" is put up for sale to the highest bidder! Bidders are usually insurance companies, bless them! Knowing exactly how many tickets have been sold, and all the other variables involved, bids to "buy" the pot are made. It may be bought for any amount on the dollar, sometimes even MORE! The State thus washes it's hands of the draw entirely, the successful buyer is gambling that there will be few, if any, big winners, and gets to keep what's left. Such buyers would not be risking their dough if it weren't lucrative to do so.

This method is FAR more crooked than the numbers games in the big cities; they pay out over 95% of the funds taken in, keeping only 5%! How do we know how much "Administration" of such an affair REALLY costs?

Another rant. 2 right off the bat. Must be a bad day. I'll explain why in "Reminiscing".
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.