How Do You Feel About Trump Now?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Can't help but wonder if the same things were said when we went in to help stop the Nazis from exterminating the Jews and everyone else they hated. I'm sure that was totally different though right??

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Denise - think that's a totally different scenario
    Weaponry has changed and the onslaught of terrorism also paints a different picture
    We should have learned to keep out of the Middle East and their problems, we are risking more
    than the population of Syria, Iraq etc ..............:(

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I just don't think people have changed through the years @Patsy Faye and I think we have "convenient" forgetters;)

4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

he fired a tomahawk missile into Syria after Assad gassed his own people. he's doing the job and right on target

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Gary he fired 59 tomahawk missiles into Syria after Assad elegantly gas his people with only any proof was from American intelligent these are the same people who talked about weapons of mass destruction and also tried to discredit Trump. When he talked about the poor children it reminded me of the girl in front of Congress telling about Iraq troops throwing babies out of incubators on the cold floor. Stirred congress to go to war without checking it out and it was a lie. Or Marilyn Albright saying killing 50,000 children/babies in Iraq was worth it.

Assad is no angle but he is not stupid and when you are winning you do not want to give a reason for the world to turn against you. The UN proved that the other attack of gas was from the rebels so you know they have it. The only gas that Assad did not give to Russia was gas that was in the rebel held areas.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree Gary, because when people stop helping others altogether, I don't want to live in the world anymore. Trump's record tells me he has a love for people as he has given to the needy many times over. Many ignore those attributes and choose to make him a bad guy. He is not perfect, no one is, I still choose to believe he is doing the best he can.

With all his money, why would he run for president, a rather "unrewarding" job. He did it because he wanted to help us, and others. I'd still like to see who would have done a better job. The best man won the election.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm not questioning his motives, but I question his advisors. In 2013, Obama's intelligence team claimed that Assad had gassed his own people, which is what led us to interfere in Syria to begin with. As it turned out, it was the rebels who did that, and for just that purpose - so that Assad would get the blame, and the United States could be goaded into destabilizing yet another MidEast country that hasn't yet joined the World Bank.

We may not like their governments, and we may not like the people who hold power there, but it should not be our goal to turn every country in the world into the United States. A Republic may not be the best form of government for a theocracy. In fact, there are plenty of people here in the U.S. who want to change our form of government into something else.

My point is that at the beginning of far too many of the wars that we have fought overseas has been a big lie perpetuated by the intelligence community, and carried on by accomplices in the media. This has all the makings of a false flag, a fictitious major event whose goal is to bring about an action that would otherwise be unpopular.

The intelligence community has been lying to us non-stop forever now.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

Well said about "questioning" his advisers. Yes, we are fed lies. I don't believe other countries are our business as far as their "politics" or should they all line up with the
    American Way (whatever that is anymore). But "if" people are being slaughtered by tyrants, dictators, or terrorists, I would hope we would help where we could, not ignore it. So how do we know for sure who did what. Point is, people were slaughtered, and if it's true should we stand down, or help.

Seems it's like the guy getting beat up on the street and everyone just walks on by. I figure it could be me one day. I sure hope a hero of some sort shows up.

I'd like to see more solutions being discussed instead of always placing the blame on others for supposedly, not doing the right things.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There's more than just problems with Trump's advisor's which are and were Obama's "buds" too. Trump told the American people he was going to make looking out for Americans his #1 priority and stop letting other Countries, etc, take advantage of us. Yet, he clearly got involved in someone else's problem when it wasn't our problem....and we don't need anymore of this kind of "interfering" in others problems. We have lost to many of our young people, etc. by doing this in the past and caused to much hatred by trying to solve problems that don't really belong to America. We need to let others solve their own problems and only "interfere" if some Country, etc. gives us a problem here in America. Trump got some bad advice from some bad advisors...but he still is the one who has to take responsibility for this action and we better all pray this action doesn't cause a reaction that we all are going to suffer for.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Trump is now talking about regime change in Syria and how well has that worked every other place they have done it. If that is the way he is thinking God help the U.S.A.

13. Ken Anderson

The media, as well as the war mongers in government, consistently fail to mention that the rebels who we are supporting in Syria are ISIS.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

I hope I'm wrong, I don't see how Trump's attack on Syria is any different than what Obama did during his presidency. The fact that Hillary applauded it suggests that I am not wrong.

15. Ken Anderson

Today, PolitiFact retracted its "Mostly True" ruling that the Syrian government had surrendered its chemical records.